Author: MisterPanda

Three things I'm fed up to hear about China   [Copy link] 中文

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-1-2 12:04:38 |Display all floors
This post was edited by MisterPanda at 2014-1-2 12:09
lionstar Post time: 2014-1-2 11:08
very well expressed MisterPanda   ( i live and work in China already for several ...

I've been here since december 2005 but I don't intend to stay some years more. Hopefully this is my last year
Just need to get a good price for the apartment, if anyone wants to buy an apartment in Shanghai Jiuting, tell me

Well, of course, we both know this is a lie, neither you nor me nor anyone else on this forum besides robert has ever been to China {:soso_e106:}
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-1-2 12:05:22 |Display all floors
juzunme Post time: 2014-1-2 11:59
It basically summarised the fact that there is no one single China or Chinese people. There is no wa ...

Thank you for this message. I would prefer if you used the word waiguoren over the word laowai that I find derogatory. I call you a Chinese, not a Chink, thank you
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2014-1-2 12:07:55 |Display all floors
As long as we're all jumping on the band wagon, I've been living in China for 30 years.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-2 12:32:33 |Display all floors
MisterPanda Post time: 2014-1-2 14:05
Thank you for this message. I would prefer if you used the word waiguoren over the word laowai tha ...

Ha. You're right. I'll be brought up before an Anti Discrimination Commission down here if I used that in a workplace.   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-2 12:38:43 |Display all floors
MisterPanda Post time: 2014-1-2 14:01
I didn't understand the 3 "nopes" ?

nope=no argument from me, as I looked at them and thought to myself, do I disagree?

nope, I do not.

The day I stop learning will be the day I die. Maybe.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-2 12:42:15 |Display all floors
The things that you speak of, also happens in many other places on Earth as well.

Although, you are probably correct that it happens in some places more often than others on a demographic scale, and then again on a micro demographic scale.

You must have been witness to some serious local gold bricking, or loafing off, being a slacker.

The day I stop learning will be the day I die. Maybe.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2014-1-2 12:54:31 |Display all floors
No, wait. I've changed my mind. I've lived in China for 40 years.
That makes my 'observations' even more valid.. right?
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.