Author: Rearwindow

Will Internet kill China Daily Newspaper one day?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-12-28 07:32:46 |Display all floors
I think it will be awhile before that happens. As an American reader of the English version, online is my only option when I'm not in China. I actually prefer an actual paper if I'm in a place with enough space to read it without disturbing others. What I do not miss is the coworker or even stranger that would sometimes ask; "if you're done with XYZ section can I have it".
Proud supporter of Blessing Hands Charity.  https://sites.google.com/a/blessing-hands.org/blessing-hands/

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-28 11:26:10 |Display all floors
Yes, just a matter of time .
Playing Mahjong in Hangzhou world competition.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2013-12-28 11:42:16 |Display all floors
This post was edited by robert237 at 2013-12-27 19:42

Geometry.
That's the first thing every nut says when it grows up.
Gee, I'm a tree.

And the trees vote for the online version.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-28 12:38:22 |Display all floors
I think the amount of newspaper issued in paper will definitely  become lower because of the rapid development of technology.

Use magic tools Report

Elite Member

Snowipine

Glod Medal Blogger of 2013

Post time 2013-12-28 12:47:35 |Display all floors
1.no
2.more ad

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-28 13:02:04 |Display all floors
And another one bites the dust. The Guangzhou Morning Post, a weekly English newspaper published since 1997 just printed their "Final Issue". Some semblance of it will be folded into the website Life Of Guangzhou.
Good Gweilo: My job is the ideological quality control

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-28 13:33:51 |Display all floors
The Internet will kill China Daily indeed if it does not put order in its horribly messy website. Since several weeks its website is a total disaster. I am trying to set up a meeting with the department to explain what is so horribly wrong. China Daily just does not want foreigners in China or abroad to access the website – as it was possible before. So many technical problems I even don't know where to start. Well, try to log in and make sure you are logged in as a "paying subscriber". Good luck!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.