Author: sunnylin01

Why can't a woman be smart and beautiful?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-12-26 11:28:44 |Display all floors
msrong Post time: 2013-12-26 05:50
And why are  intelligent, talented AND drop-dead gorgeous MEN usually found only in
show business ( ...

I don't think you can find many astute male celebrities in China.  You know Xiao Shengyang and Huang Bo? Do you think they are cerebral hunks? Wang is an exception since he was born and grew up in Taiwan, moving to America later on. Meaning he acts and talks like an American than someone from China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-26 11:38:17 |Display all floors
tedbrent Post time: 2013-12-26 11:28
I don't think you can find many astute male celebrities in China.  You know Xiao Shengyang and Hu ...

Wang was born and raised in NY, not Taiwan.   These China-born male celebs definitely have looks AND intellect:   
Hu Ge, Feng Shaofeng, Yan Kuan, Chen Kun

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-26 11:49:00 |Display all floors
Oh, I just ran a check. Wiki says he was born in America. Sorry, my bad. . I don't think the actors you have mentioned here can be called brainy guys. They are just lucky people who have high-octane talent agents working hard to find acting opportunities for them. BTW, their acting skills are utterly threadbare and even ropy, well, to my way of thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-26 11:49:17 |Display all floors
msrong Post time: 2013-12-26 11:38
Wang was born and raised in NY, not Taiwan.   These China-born male celebs definitely have looks A ...

Oh, I just ran a check. Wiki says he was born in America. Sorry, my bad. . I don't think the actors you have mentioned here can be called brainy guys. They are just lucky people who have high-octane talent agents working hard to find acting opportunities for them. BTW, their acting skills are utterly threadbare and even ropy, well, to my way of thinking

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-26 12:01:03 |Display all floors
tedbrent Post time: 2013-12-26 11:49
Oh, I just ran a check. Wiki says he was born in America. Sorry, my bad. . I don't think the actor ...

How do you know these guys are just 'lucky' and not brainy?   Have you read their Chinese weibos to gain some idea of their writing skills and thought processes or merely making conjectures?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-26 12:07:28 |Display all floors
sunnylin01 Post time: 2013-12-25 11:02

She really is a beauty and a smart woman. she can stand for most of chinese outstanding women in the future.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-26 12:15:39 |Display all floors
  Clearly, you are a big fan of these actors. Who would bother visiting their weibos  chock-a-block of bilge and self-congratulatory utterances. I would rather check out weibos  posted by the ordinary people who talk about the things they care about; most celebrities just love bragging about themselves or their exploits. Like I said, none of the actors u have mentioned knows how to act. They only know how to put on airs and bamboozle their fans with gusto.

That's why I'm not a gullible person anymore when it comes to admiring such  celebrities.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.