Author: sunnylin01

Why can't a woman be smart and beautiful?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-12-26 00:30:08 |Display all floors
lionstar Post time: 2013-12-25 11:37
"Why can't a woman be smart and beautiful?"....what a strange statement...i know several, "my one" t ...

They're all delectable on their backs-any port in a storm  
Your own mind is a sacred enclosure into which nothing harmful can enter except by your permission. Arnold Bennett

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-26 01:37:52 |Display all floors
This is an absurd premise. A woman can be both pretty (in the eyes of beholders) and highly intelligent. an overwhelming fact is the pretty ones can always take shortest cut to something.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-26 02:37:49 |Display all floors
This post was edited by tedbrent at 2013-12-26 02:39

I wouldn't call her a damsel. She looks like a winsome girl, but it would be strange to call her a gazelle , what with you can find scads of Chinese girls who are utterly hottttttttttttttttttttttttt and have better looks than this slender girl.{:soso_e144:}

I opine that the reason why would people single this girl out as a poster child has more to do with their obsession with English studies  and knowledge-seeking.  Bascially, students in China are asked to be conformists and swots studying hard like the characters you find in The Big Bang Theory, which is a top-rated sitcom in America.{:soso_e106:}

This  girl just fits the bill in this regard as an indefatigable, hardnosed  student; her looks are by no means the drawing card/

Okay, I have to admit that this lean girl  is decidedly attractive when she smiles.{:soso_e102:}

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-26 05:50:46 |Display all floors
And why are  intelligent, talented AND drop-dead gorgeous MEN usually found only in
show business (Wang LeeHom), while intelligent but unattractive are the typical norm for males (Jack Ma).

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-26 06:17:57 |Display all floors
msrong Post time: 2013-12-26 05:50
And why are  intelligent, talented AND drop-dead gorgeous MEN usually found only in
show business ( ...

Not all I know many talented men who are not in show business
Stan, you're holding a gun to God's head. I can't think of a metaphor that's better than this.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-26 06:19:05 |Display all floors
lionstar Post time: 2013-12-25 11:37
"Why can't a woman be smart and beautiful?"....what a strange statement...i know several, "my one" t ...

There are a lot of very beautiful intelligent women in the world
Stan, you're holding a gun to God's head. I can't think of a metaphor that's better than this.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-26 11:27:45 |Display all floors
F111 Post time: 2013-12-26 06:17
Not all I know many talented men who are not in show business

But are they also good-looking?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.