Author: sansukong

India vows to 'restore dignity' of diplomat in US   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-12-20 17:36:06 |Display all floors
F111 Post time: 2013-12-20 14:31
sansukong, agrees with slavery.

And this comes from a nation where segregation and slavery were rich part of its history.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-20 17:38:25 |Display all floors
manoj10 Post time: 2013-12-20 17:36
And this comes from a nation where segregation and slavery were rich part of its history.

I know, but if what I am reading is correct she is a criminal
Stan, you're holding a gun to God's head. I can't think of a metaphor that's better than this.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-20 17:45:05 |Display all floors
F111 Post time: 2013-12-20 14:38
I know, but if what I am reading is correct she is a criminal

May be US is criminal to secretly make the maid and her family members escape when there is a pending court hearing against them for blackmailing. Only the maid worked in US , her husband and kids were in India. And the US embassy granted them T immigrant visa and they all left India 2 days before her arrest. Now the US says it has lost trace of them which is a lie.

Tell me why would  a foreign country willfully allow a person who has a judicial enquiry pending on them to leave the country. It only shows US has no respect for our rule of law. The person and embassy staff who gave her visas to escape country's judicial system must be arrested and declared personal non grata. They should be called as criminals since they violated our rules regarding Indian citizens.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-20 17:50:39 |Display all floors
manoj10 Post time: 2013-12-20 17:36

True, however the US abolished slavery at the cost of many lives and stopped segregation as well. In India the Caste system is still in full force while the majority of its citizens live in slums and poverty.
I'm just here for the money

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-20 17:52:29 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2013-12-20 16:22
Cannot afford?

do you know he cost of labor in india , china , Bangladesh ....?..... On one side countries like US , EU brag about human rights , minimum wage etc and on the other hand buy products manufactured by these cheap labor.......
well USAnian can afford then why not start paying USD 4500 to every worker in China?.....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-20 17:52:52 |Display all floors
This post was edited by manoj10 at 2013-12-20 14:54
jay_dee Post time: 2013-12-20 14:50
True, however the US abolished slavery at the cost of many lives and stopped segregation as well.  ...

May be you should read our caste system more. Discrimination against castes is a federal offence and preference were give to lower case people in all sectors of life.
The diplomat and her family are from backward class.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-20 18:08:16 |Display all floors
symondsez Post time: 2013-12-20 17:52
do you know he cost of labor in india , china , Bangladesh ....?..... On one side countries like U ...

The law says minimum wages for all workers in America.......

The law didn't say....no need minimum wages for maids of diplomats.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.