Views: 14400|Replies: 29

Are Chinese people the world's most materialistic?   [Copy link] 中文

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2013-12-17 15:45:44 |Display all floors
A new survey claims that in China, people identify their success by the things they own more than in any other country in the world. But is this so unusual in a developing country?

A recent survey conducted by global research firm IPSOS across 20 countries, found that a whopping 71 percent of Chinese say they gauge their success by the things they own. That’s significantly higher than it was for every other country included in the survey.

Is this result true from your observation on Chinese people?
What's your indight on it?

Pro view (5)

Yes

Con view (1)

No

Debater:0 ( Join )

Debater:0 ( Join )
      Life is what you make of it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-17 19:38:39 |Display all floors
      This deserves more discussion to be validated.
      Things which are considered 'high face value' in China might be considered as normal in other Countries.
      Example - owning a car (imported Audi/MB/BMW) has highest value.
      Specialty cars would be over and above in most cases anywhere (Ferrari, Lab, RR, Bentley).
      Vacation home in the country or seaside - possibly
      Jewelry and luxury brands - possibly, but in China there are posers who have fakes just to look 'rich'.
      I'm just here for the money

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-18 02:16:21 |Display all floors
      China do not going around killing people in other countries for material gains like the U.S. has been doing and still is doing.
      I am an Asian American. I came to Chinadaily forum hoping to share my experience, knowledge, and my point of view. And in return I want to get the same in return from friends from around the world.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-18 04:48:08 |Display all floors
      for now YES most chinese dont have this & that...they want it now & right after they own it, touch it feel it they will no longer crave but save save save  {:soso_e114:}{:soso_e120:}
      a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-18 05:11:37 From mobile |Display all floors
      totally,cause Chinese people lost in this meterial society,and neglect the basic survival law of nature,also there are no new value system

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-18 08:05:21 |Display all floors
      Hmoonhistorian Post time: 2013-12-18 02:16
      China do not going around killing people in other countries for material gains like the U.S. has bee ...

You missed the point of this thread.
      I'm just here for the money

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-18 08:22:06 |Display all floors
      jay_dee Post time: 2013-12-18 08:05
      You missed the point of this thread.

He's busy trying to be Mini-Me for you know who.  All his comments are pointed in one direction.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
      Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
      Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
      platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.