Author: linlinlinlin

Take Chinese creativity seriously – or lose out   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-12-17 08:11:24 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2013-12-17 03:35
A long sit

give them a chance ..... They are just exiting the Communist phase of Capitalism to misquote Robster!
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-12-17 08:43:31 |Display all floors
This post was edited by futsanglung at 2013-12-17 08:45
Bandito Post time: 2013-12-17 08:11
give them a chance ..... They are just exiting the Communist phase of Capitalism to misquote Rob ...

So what comes next the Capitalist phase  of Capitalism where the Government gives eveything away to foreigners who back China whatever happens, that is the one Robert is waiting for

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-17 15:44:49 |Display all floors
This post was edited by tedbrent at 2013-12-17 19:05

Guys, don't throw a fit and scoff at each other like this.  Tellingly, China and some well-bred, intrepid Chinese thinkers invented lots of truly distinctive or ingenious stuff centuries agoooooooooooooooooooooo. However, there is no denying that America and American companies have invented more genuinely cool stuff in the last 20 years , as well as a set of sterling business principles or conceptions that have become the guidelines for Chinese tech companies, particularly the much-talked-about  out-of-the-box thinking  and in-house training.

I reckon that it's still too early to say that Chinese tech companies are going to produce some ripsnorting , high-margin tech products that enable them to be the leaders of the pack, thanks to  bureaucracy, inertia or their reluctance to invest in human capital.  And it would be equally lunacy for us to keep talking about or even bickering over issues related to  China's gloried past and exceptional historic  inventions, not least because such debates are just useless now in 21 century.

Chinese companies, if anything, will be able to  throw their weight around and roll out snazzy, profitable tech products sold in abroad , insofar as they hew to the high standard-quality control-championed by their foreign counterparts or competitors.  What's more, our Chinese companies should encourage their Chinese employees to think freely and set up a working environment in which individuality and independent thinking should be the norm rather than the exception. It's also a fair-based system or structure wherein all the useful information, business data  or resources will be shared and used by people wanting to invent cool stuff. In other words, they have to eradicate the fetters of  bureaucracy or flatten their hierarchical organizations or silos between each department.

At any rate, American companies, for that matter, are still our teachers in this context.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-17 20:34:12 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2013-12-17 04:43
So what comes next the Capitalist phase  of Capitalism where the Government gives eveything away to ...

what happens next is a whole bunch of Chinese getting rich, decamping to West, Africa and Latin America......then whoossh. Robster will be lucky to have a pension pot at the end of that
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-12-17 20:36:54 |Display all floors
Bandito Post time: 2013-12-17 20:34
what happens next is a whole bunch of Chinese getting rich, decamping to West, Africa and Latin Am ...

I was told his pension pot consists of the two houses his wife owns in China

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-17 20:39:58 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2013-12-17 16:36
I was told his pension pot consists of the two houses his wife owns in China

In Beijing/Shanghai I'd hope..................No good to have it in Xian

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-17 20:48:50 |Display all floors
Bandito Post time: 2013-12-17 20:39
In Beijing/Shanghai I'd hope..................No good to have it in Xian

No, they are at the cheap end, Guilin

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.