Author: linlinlinlin

Take Chinese creativity seriously – or lose out   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-12-17 00:15:19 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Bandito at 2013-12-18 01:35
aaooq Post time: 2013-12-16 09:08
how can you prove your comments?

Don't say I never gave you anything!

The technology behind China's J-20 stealth fighter may have come from a US plane shot down during the Kosovo war, Balkan military sources say.

A.
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-17 00:16:37 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2013-12-16 09:21
So they made good inventions hundreds of years ago, how about now?

they are sitting on their laurels.............
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-17 00:23:37 |Display all floors
lebeast Post time: 2013-12-15 13:46
we do need a lot more really good Chinese movies

Hollywood is very stale at the moment

Hollywood has been stale for sometime, IMO American film's future lies with the indies at this point. Both China and Japan have fallen a bit over the last decade but not to worry Korea is giving us some superb films as well as al lot of good TV drama.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-17 00:28:07 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2013-12-16 13:21
So they made good inventions hundreds of years ago, how about now?

Time in China is measured a bit differently. 100 years is a drop in the bucket in China. in other places it is half of a country's history.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-17 00:33:08 |Display all floors
Seems like the story goes like this: "If your country uses a new idea that comes from another place it's called copying, if my country does it, it is called "innovation". LOL

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-17 01:43:57 |Display all floors
This post was edited by tedbrent at 2013-12-17 01:44
tora916 Post time: 2013-12-17 00:23
Hollywood has been stale for sometime, IMO American film's future lies with the indies at this poi ...

What? Who told you that Hollywood has been in a funk? Don't you know that only several marquee American production companies, namely Warner Brother, Paramount, Universal, Dreamwork,  or Columbia, are able to make high-grossing films and ring up buckets of dough from robust box-office sales in China?

Plainly, those so-called high-grossing Chinese movies, say, 小时代, which features hoity-toity young people from affluent families and their craziness, are no match for most if not all big-ticketed American flicks. And the only reason why would some  Chinese movie-goers decide to watch such grotty, grubby and gormless Chinese movies, say, 小时代, is that they get paid by the production company making that film. The idea behind such scheming moves is the intention to create an illusion that this movie is a corker and widely followed by most movie-goers, who are actually hired to sing the praises of such movies by posting gushing movie reviews on Douban, Baidu or other Chinese websites that are popular in China. People in China call them  水军, who are part of viral marketing as well.

That said, we just can't pin blame on such seemingly beguiling moves hatched by our production companies and even talent agencies, insomuch as it's customary to cook up such marketing  tricks in Western nations as well, albeit less brazenly.

I recall reading an article crafted by a proverbial British scribe, who stresses  in that article that knowledge and innovation are indispensable ;  a company has to invest a fistful of wampum on human capital and worthwhile plans aimed to foster productivity and creativity.  

If our Chinese companies can heed such advice and start making big-picture plans , then they will have a chance to take on all the foreign juggernauts, including the hard-charging  American production companies I have listed here .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-17 04:15:02 |Display all floors
tedbrent Post time: 2013-12-17 01:43
What? Who told you that Hollywood has been in a funk? Don't you know that only several marquee A ...

You're talking about money I am talking about using the medium of film for education and art. "Batman" and "Rush Hour" have nothing to do with what this thread is trying to get at.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.