Views: 4690|Replies: 17

How can China enter World Cup?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-12-8 14:52:46 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Rearwindow at 2013-12-8 14:55

More than a decade ago, China made the World Cup. I still remember the cheerful moments when China finally made its way into  World Cup.

We were so happy as if it were the New Year's Day. But the Chinese team returned home without a goal scored.

2014 World Cup final draw took place in Brazil, which made me jealous and mad that China has nothing to do with it.
With a population of more than 1.3 billion, it's rediculous that we can't even find 10 people who can play soccor well. Japan and Korea can do that , why can't we?

When will this "Chinese dream" come true?

32 teams are divided into 8 groups for 2014 FIFA World Cup.

Photo taken on Dec. 6, 2013 shows the performance prior to the ceremony of the final draw for the groups and matchups of the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil in Costa do Sauipe, Brazil.

Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-8 14:53:12 |Display all floors

Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-9 06:44:55 |Display all floors
We are in group B this is a death group for us, but this will give us experience we need to advance soccer in Australia
Stan, you're holding a gun to God's head. I can't think of a metaphor that's better than this.

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-12-9 10:25:46 |Display all floors
With a population of more than 1.3 billion, it's rediculous that we can't even find 10 people who can play soccor well. Japan and Korea can do that , why can't we?

Maybe they know the game is called football and involves 11 players per team, not 10 ?

China does not have a football culture and there is no will to implement it by the authorities because they know it would take hundreds of years to bear fruits. In other words : it's not flashy enough.

The Chinese authorities put the money where it will reap the most benefits (understand gold medals). If you add to this the complete corruption of Chinese football and the fact that they do not play for the national team but for their own personal interest (see how they destroyed Chen Tao and Wang Dalei's careers for a couple hundred thousand dollars), it is no wonder Chinese football is so low.

I play football on week-ends with a Chinese team. My teammates have incredible stamina but it seems they all think they're Messi. They don't pass the ball, they keep running with it trying to dribble the opponents. And when they do pass the ball they do not follow on the actions. I try to explain them that playing without the ball is just as important as playing with the ball and that you have to sacrifice for the team but I have a hard time getting through.

China's presence to the world cup in 2002 is pretty much due to the same circumstances as Li Na's victory at Rolland Garros : a weak opposition and a great coach, Bora Milutinovic. And just like Li Na's victory did not make China a tennis superpower, 2002 did not make China a great country of football.

In the case of Japan, when Philippe Troussier, who is the coach that changed the face of the Japanese national team, became coach, he was appaled to see the forced respect between new members and old members of the team. Players were not judge on their talents but on their experience. The best players would not play because the coach had to respect the older players and let them play. The younger players were washing the older players shoes, etc... The Japanese Federation knew change was necessary and this is why they hired a foreign coach as they knew changed would be more welcomed if it is instigated by someone with no knowledge of the local culture. Troussier kicked a lot of "ancients" off the team because they were simply not good enough to be members of the national team and replaced them with youngsters who accepted competition.

Football is a very good reflection of society.

On a side note, the Chinese football team gave a great gift to France when they injured Djibril Cisse preventing him to play in the world cup 2006
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-12-9 10:31:46 |Display all floors
France got a tricky draw. It is supposed to be the weakest group but if the team does not get out it will be shamed.

My pronostic :

Group A : Brazil, Mexico
Group B : Spain, Netherlands
Group C : Greece, Ivory Coast
Group D : England, Italy
Group E : Switzerland, France
Group F : Argentina, Nigeria
Group G : Portugal, Germany
Group H : Belgium, Russia

I think the team that will be the surprise of this world cup will be Belgium, I can see them reach quarter/semi finals.
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

Elite Member

Snowipine

Glod Medal Blogger of 2013

Post time 2013-12-9 11:29:40 |Display all floors
MisterPanda Post time: 2013-12-9 10:25
Maybe they know the game is called football and involves 11 players per team, not 10 ?

China does ...

Team work, plus no overemphasis oneself fame and interests maybe can stimulate the China‘s football team step up the pace going to the World Cup.

Football game is a game of battle between two ”army“ in certain extent.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-9 11:35:08 |Display all floors
MisterPanda Post time: 2013-12-9 10:31
France got a tricky draw. It is supposed to be the weakest group but if the team does not get out it ...

watchout for ghana, the hope of africa。

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.