Views: 5017|Replies: 10

How to teach your boy to be a man? [Copy link] 中文

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2013-12-5 16:44:35 |Display all floors
I read this funny news this morning which says that Beijing experimental elementary school opened up some new special classes, such as rock-climbing, soccor to train boys to be more macho. It also says that lots of boys are considered to be too womanish.

Do you think the classes will work out?

Have you got any approaches to teach your boy to be a man?

Life is what you make of it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-6 11:22:20 |Display all floors
I thought that let boy do some sports is a better way to build boy's nature. My boy will be born, I want to feed up a dog for him.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-6 11:35:01 |Display all floors
A man does not mean macho , with physical exercise they may become stronger not necessarily man. A real man
- make decision and accept the consequences
- respect women
- dependable
-humorous , can laugh at himself .
- Accept his mistake.

I think the important is to make these boys strong Mentally rather then physically.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-7 19:27:43 |Display all floors
good question to be answered. Now in China there is white-hot TV programme, "Where to go, dad" , it may help answer it if you watch it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-8 00:04:07 |Display all floors
ross-chang Post time: 2013-12-6 11:22
I thought that let boy do some sports is a better way to build boy's nature. My boy will be born, I  ...
A man does not mean macho , with physical exercise they may become stronger not necessarily man. A real man
- make decision and accept the consequences
- respect women
- dependable
-humorous , can laugh at himself .
- Accept his mistake.

I think the important is to make these boys strong Mentally rather then physically.

+1 to that.

But... I think DSeeing is talking about making the boy manly physically.

It is true that Chinese men in general are not very athletic these days. I think it is because they're working so hard to have money and property, so they can have a Chinese woman. ;)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-10 06:28:42 |Display all floors
I noticed that in the States, we are being to protective of our children. There are to many mommy's little boys out there that will fail as men because of the lack of self experience and discipline at an early age...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-10 06:47:33 |Display all floors
I have allowed him to be honest and true to himself.
Stan, you're holding a gun to God's head. I can't think of a metaphor that's better than this.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.