Author: admin

Air zone 'beneficial to safety' [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-12-5 17:45:42 |Display all floors
"The point in the Cairo Declaration relating to islands in the Pacific seized by Japan since the beginning of WWI is distinct and separate from the point relating to territories stolen by Japan from China and the point relating to Korea."

If they are distinct and separate, then they should be covered under a different declaration, or else made as a separate article under the Cairo Declaration.

ie.:
Article I
blah, blah, blah.

Article II
blah, blah, blah.

Article III
Blah, blah, blah.

It was not done that way, because everything is in reference to the start of WW I. If it pertained to any time before that, it would be clearly stated. It was not, therefore, it does not.

Are you seriously trying to tell me, that between 1895 and 1971, that China did not know Japan had annexed the islands? Sorry, you'll have to do better than that. There is no way in hell, that anyone will  believe something like this was kept secret for 76 years.

"Just like Hongkong was returned by Britain to the PRC and not to the Qing Emperor, Diaoyu islands would be returned to the PRC."

Nope, sorry. Taiwan is still legally known as the Republic of China (ROC), therefore, if the islands get handed over to anyone, it will be Taipei, not Beijing. Taiwan is still legally known as the ROC because she is still permitted, by Beijing, to use that name at any and all international events where the PRC has no representation. That was, I believe, one of the stipulations of Taiwan turning over her seat at the UN to Beijing.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-5 22:13:11 |Display all floors
"If they are distinct and separate, then they should be covered under a different declaration, or else made as a separate article under the Cairo Declaration"

Hahaha!

"It was not done that way, because everything is in reference to the start of WW I"

Hahaha!

"Are you seriously trying to tell me, that between 1895 and 1971, that China did not know Japan had annexed the islands? "

Did I say China do not know Japan had secretly annexed the islands until 1971? I said they were annexed secretly in 1895, and I said they were placed uner US administration after WWII in 1945. It was everybody's knowledge that they were under US administration from 1945 to 1971, and since the annexation by Japan was done secretly, nobody except the Japanese themselves know. From 1895 until 1945, the islands were administered by Japan as part of Taiwan but nobody knew about the secret annexation..

"Nope, sorry. Taiwan is still legally known as the Republic of China (ROC), therefore, if the islands get handed over to anyone, it will be Taipei, not Beijing"

Then why did the US transfer administrative control of the islands to Japan in 1971, contrary to the Cairo Declaration? The US only transferred adminstrative control but not sovereignty of the islands to Japan because it knew Japan did not have sovereignty of the islands.

Of course the Cairo Declaration says ROC, that's because China then was known as ROC. The Treaty of Nanking singed in 1842 were between the Qing Emperor of China and Britain and makes no mention of the PRC but Britain still has to return Hongkong to the PRC in 1997 because China has become the PRC since 1st October 1949.

"That was, I believe, one of the stipulations of Taiwan turning over her seat at the UN to Beijing."

Hahaha!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-12 17:08:12 |Display all floors
cmknight date. 2013-12-4 20:42
                                @ Df21d,
"All the territories Japan has taken from China such as Manchuria (Dongbei), Formosa (Taiwa ...
Quality read. Not often I see well thought out commentary here. Most of the stuff (and the rebuffs to your comments) is nationalistic gibberish. Quite surprised your comments were even published

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.