Author: Revolutionar

A piece of Seneca gem. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-11-30 13:56:58 |Display all floors
laincoubert Post time: 2013-11-30 13:51
How is that piece is such a gem?

A piece of gem because wisdom is such a rarity in this forum.

99.9999% of the time all you ever get in this forum is just some jingoistic nationalism nonsense.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-30 14:11:54 |Display all floors
laincoubert Post time: 2013-11-30 13:51
How is that piece is such a gem?

A piece of gem because the first para already contains the seed of wisdom so needed, so lacking in this world.

............................I think the Muslim community in every Western country is being falsely accused of being protective of terrorists among them. That is why a new tack is needed. This confrontational attitude by Westerners and by the `chinese `fascists leads directly to the next holocaust. ..........................

a new tack is needed if there is to be any improvements.

it is easy and convenient to step on the poor and the less well dressed isn't it. laincoubert?

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-30 14:17:07 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2013-11-30 14:11
A piece of gem because the first para already contains the seed of wisdom so needed, so lacking in ...

What new tack?

Seneca talking about tolerance?
What does Seneca propose?
Nothing.
Is it only for Muslims or anyone else?
We have seen , and been at the end of Seneca "tolerance" when some one had. Different opinion.
ExJ.H

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-30 14:32:05 |Display all floors
Just a piece of fluff , the article
How has things got worst in Germany for Muslims?
Are Germans afraid of Muslims?
We don't know.Should they be?
We don't know.
Do Germans really ape the USA ?
ExJ.H

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-30 14:32:45 |Display all floors
laincoubert Post time: 2013-11-30 14:17
What new tack?

Seneca talking about tolerance?

you not heard of Jesus casting stones scolding  people?
you not heard of Buddha getting angry?
you not heard of Mohamed castigating his enemies?

time to get angry
get angry.
that is the Way of the Dao.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-30 14:32:48 |Display all floors
A fluff article and it's called a gem.
ExJ.H

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-30 14:39:02 |Display all floors
laincoubert Post time: 2013-11-30 14:32
A fluff article and it's called a gem.

I think this War of Terror is gift wrapped from Washington and loved by all authoritarian regimes...and especially by the Beijing authorities to be employed against its own citizens who happen to wear a different  set of clothes .

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.