Views: 4394|Replies: 22

A piece of Seneca gem. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-11-30 12:02:56 |Display all floors
[This post was edited by Revolutionar at 2013-11-30 12:03]

I think the Muslim community in every Western country is being falsely accused of being protective of terrorists among them. That is why a new tack is needed. This confrontational attitude by Westerners and by the `chinese `fascists leads directly to the next holocaust.

Consider Germany. For decades the Muslims there lived relatively well-integrated into the mainstream society, albeit maintaining differences and often allegiances to their home countries. Until 2001, there hardly was any friction worth complaining about. There were issues relating to education, language and social integration. But there was no radicalism on either side.

All this changed brutally after the cowardly U.S. of A. got hit by terrorists. Yes, I call that country cowardly. Suddenly the whole world was taken hostage by the Usanians: "Where were you when Nine-Eleven happened"? Some of the most incompetent people opined how their lives had been impacted by a war between the cowardly U.S. of A. and Arabs who fight to get U.S. soldiers out of Arab lands.

Now Germany has also the mindset so beloved by the U.S. nationalists. But it still is home to millions of relatively well-adapted Muslims. It also has a number of Egyptian and Turkish freethinkers who publicly try to win the hearts of their Muslim coreglionists for the Western Way of Life. If the U.S. of A. doesn't have such men and women among the Muslims, perhaps it is because Islamophobia there has gone the same path that McCarthyism went before - towars its peak.

------

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-30 12:06:45 |Display all floors
How many can see beyond their own eye brows?

Fenix? Ducky?  All the displaced Chinese fascists around here?

No.....to see beyond the eye brows needs a special quality rare in this forum....

Actually rare but quite needed in the world too.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-30 12:10:13 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Revolutionar at 2013-11-30 12:11

I am attracted by the comment by Burmese dissident Syu Kyi just the other day

....my people wants to condemn the Muslims.. I just don't see how condemning the Muslims is the solution to the problems.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-30 12:12:28 |Display all floors
I also cannot see how condemning the practices of 1 billion people can ever be good for the world.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-30 12:28:50 |Display all floors
I think the Chinese fascists should also take note

Those Tibetans and those Uighers are also engaged in similar struggles against e central authorities.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-30 12:49:00 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Writer's real name is Lau Guan Kim.  lau_guan_kim is for commentary and analysis. He writes also under another alter ego jinseng. I will respond to good reasoned debate. Mudslingers shall be ignored. What I do not like are ignorance, stupidity, chauvinism and bigotry. The other party has as much right as I have until it resorts to insults and nuisance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-30 12:51:50 |Display all floors
lau_guan_kim Post time: 2013-11-30 12:49
The ghost-writer of this OP is seneca.

I am familiar with the syntaxes of seneca's prose.

Did I mislead you, mr Lau?

Didn't I write........a piece of Seneca gem

I think it is rare enough, and important enough to be framed up.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.