Author: abramicus

Cooler Heads in US Begin to Think for Americans First, Not Japanese First. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-12-1 10:38:41 |Display all floors
The situation with the islands is interesting, to say the least. In moments like these, I have seen that both Japan and China have a thing for "saving face" in front of the international community.  This issue is quite petty, and has its beginnings in the 1970's when oil was declared as being in the area. At that moment, the rocks became important. Other than that though, they were nothing to all sides involved. I feel though that the Chinese raising the Air Zone over the islands was a provocative move, and one that only added a layer of complexity to a problem we all ought to avoid. Few remember that the U.S. is obligated to defend Japan, though I do hope that the Chinese leadership remember this fact before authorizing a shoot down of Japanese air craft.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-1 10:42:15 |Display all floors
This post was edited by abramicus at 2013-12-1 10:55
RHolden0116 Post time: 2013-12-1 10:38
The situation with the islands is interesting, to say the least. In moments like these, I have seen  ...

There is no reason that the US is obligated to defend Japan over Diaoyduao, when its own Congressional Records explicitly rejected the notion that the transfer of Administrative Control over Diaoyudao to Japan confers it any sovereignty over Diaoyudao.  The provocateur originale was Japan, not China.  China merely has caught up in ability to establish ADIZ's after 44 years of living under the oppression of having Japan sitting on its Diaoyudao with US military backing.

Rosa Parks was considered a provocateur by the bus driver too.

Without Rosa Parks, there would not have been the USA of today.  She helped cement the peace by standing up for her rights when she had to.  And the rest is history.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-1 10:58:00 |Display all floors
This post was edited by abramicus at 2013-12-1 11:00

Get up from my seat, Mr. Abe.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-1 16:18:15 |Display all floors
America leads and China follows according to the heading of this thread.
Stan, you're holding a gun to God's head. I can't think of a metaphor that's better than this.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-1 16:34:42 |Display all floors
F111 Post time: 2013-12-1 16:18
America leads and China follows according to the heading of this thread.

The abyss ahead.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-1 16:46:26 |Display all floors
abramicus Post time: 2013-12-1 16:34
The abyss ahead.

I know, if China does not change its way and becomes a good global citizen they are heading for the abyss. We can all see this.
Stan, you're holding a gun to God's head. I can't think of a metaphor that's better than this.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-1 16:49:17 |Display all floors
Some ago it was reported that the islands in question were actually privately owned and that the Japanese were going to buy them, I don't know if that occurred to date. I find it odd that China would enact an ADIZ for land it did not own in the first place. Having said that, if they rented the island from the owner they could setup a primary zone to insure protection of the Chinese mainland.
I'm just here for the money

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.