Author: english-learner

How should China react to US provocation?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-11-28 11:06:29 |Display all floors
I made an announcement that all cars passing in front of my house on the public street must regsiter with me and file a drive plan prior to passing through.  Two large trucks recently passed by without informing me but I was monitoring them very closely.   I reserve the right to throw rocks at these cars in the future if they don't obey my rules....;P;P

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-11-28 11:18:48 |Display all floors
sansukong Post time: 2013-11-28 08:57
Would the mentioned Japanese airlines do the same to Russia, if and when they need to fly through R ...

Japanese airlines submit flight plans to Chinese authorities when they enter Chinese airspace. They have no reason to submit a plan to Beijing for being in their national airspace.

If tomorrow Japan unilaterally decides to extend its airspace over Shanghai, would you want the Chinese airlines to submit their flight plans to Tokyo ?

Also, it is a lose-lose situation for Beijing, the moment they intercept a civilian aircraft in the disputed zone is the moment they will look even worse in the eyes of the international community. And if they intercept or shoot down a military plane they might start a war they cannot win (regardless of what some people think here...).

What a stupid decision they took...
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-11-28 11:21:09 |Display all floors
mark069 Post time: 2013-11-28 09:04
I made an announcement that all cars passing in front of my house on the public street must regsiter ...

You Sir win this thread
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-28 11:37:51 |Display all floors
China's leaders were well aware that declaring the ADZ would arouse strong feelings in the USA and other countries. I am sure they also anticipated such an intrusion by US planes. However, America, by sending those planes, has recognised the ADZ as existing while still denying its legitimacy.

The planes were, reportedly, unarmed. This, in itself, is the minimum the US could do to challenge China's authority over the disputed zone. (Can modern electronics detect whether an aircraft is armed or not?) Had the aircraft been armed, it would have been seen as a direct military threat against China's sovereignty and, indubitably, caused a much stronger reaction from China. Well done, Obama, you have shown remarkable restraint.

Round 1 to China, methinks.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-28 11:43:32 |Display all floors
MisterPanda Post time: 2013-11-28 10:18
Japanese airlines submit flight plans to Chinese authorities when they enter Chinese airspace. The ...

RE: ADIZ will reduce East China Sea tension
FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-28 12:13:45 |Display all floors
ExileMick Post time: 2013-11-28 11:37
China's leaders were well aware that declaring the ADZ would arouse strong feelings in the USA and o ...

very simply.....Obama shows Japan by action that the way to deal with this China is to ignore them.............................

and Japan takes note loud and clear.

round one and always...................Obama 1, China 0.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-28 12:16:39 |Display all floors
at first Japan Airlines is reported to comply with China request.
now, Japan Airlines and others from Japan will not comply.

will Korean Airlines comply?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.