Views: 26997|Replies: 142

How should China react to US provocation?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-11-27 13:04:14 |Display all floors
How will China react to aggravated provocative actions by the US? The US is unnecessarily provoking war, and I hope China takes more aggressive actions. Maybe China will give them a warning and shoot the next one down if US continues to provocate.
1.jpg

Two American B-52 bombers flew over a disputed area of the East China Sea without informing Beijing, challenging China's claims to an expanded air defense zone, officials said.

The flight of the giant, long-range Stratofortress planes sent a clear warning that Washington would push back against what it considers an aggressive stance by Beijing in the region.

Japanese airlines also said Wednesday they had stopped submitting flight plans to Chinese authorities for any plane that was due to pass through the area.

The reversal comes after pressure from the Japanese government.

Japan's two major airlines had previously said they had been submitting flight plans to Chinese authorities.

The move also signaled staunch US support for Japan, which has been locked in a mounting feud with Beijing over disputed islands in the East China Sea.

The unarmed bombers took off from Guam on Monday on a scheduled flight, as part of what defense officials insisted was a routine exercise dubbed "Coral Lightning Global Power Training Sortie."

"Last night we conducted a training exercise that was long-planned. It involved two aircraft flying from Guam and returning to Guam," Pentagon spokesman Colonel Steven Warren told reporters.

Although China has insisted it has a right to police the skies over the area, no flight plan was submitted beforehand to the Chinese and the mission went ahead "without incident," Warren said.

The two aircraft spent "less than an hour" in China's unilaterally-declared Air Defense Identification Zone (ADIZ) and did not encounter Chinese planes, he said.

A defense official, speaking on condition of anonymity, confirmed to AFP the two US planes were B-52 bombers.

Related: American Planes defy China

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-27 13:10:44 |Display all floors
Obama saying..............

Your no fly zone not recognised here.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-27 13:17:51 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-27 13:53:01 |Display all floors
US will challenge China to it. Otherwise, other nations will perceive US as running scared, which may cost it, its perceived world leadership. US isn't really enjoying it as they know China is not out to dethrone it since China isn't interested in taking over that leadership on its own. To lose a precious prize where a competitor is not interested in the prize is illogical to the US.

If China wants to push its ADIZ successfully, it needs to talk to the US and the US needs to accommodate to give room for China to do things that it wants to do. US is a little too concern over its leadership. Where US really failed is not in its perceived weakness if it doesn't respond. US failed to understand that China as a late starter will inevitably want to move up the ladder. Forcing China down a ladder which every nation is entitled to climb and China isn't really interested at the top spot is where US got its strategy wrong. The only reason that US is not forcing others to climb down that ladder is because since the demise of USSR, no nation can possibly replace US at that top no matter how well they climb that ladder. In a way US has become a spoiled sport. More so a leader that is lost in ideas, unduly worried over its own inabilities etc. If US is unconcerned it wouldn't have sent those planes. The better solution for US was to coerce China to join it in giving joint-statements to the effect of the coming of the ADIZ. It wouldn't infuriate the Japanese if within those statement US mention that there is an overlapping zone with Japan's ADIZ and advice both to resolve that issue amicably. This makes US the big brother overseeing the two, namely, China and Japan. But when US sides Japan, it can lose.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-27 14:21:18 |Display all floors
force them to pay back US $$$$$$$$$$$$ 1.3 trillion all at once
then they'll know who the boss here
Please don't shoot, I'm just a babe.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-27 15:12:21 |Display all floors

honkers jokes

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-27 15:22:40 |Display all floors
biztru Post time: 2013-11-27 13:53
US will challenge China to it. Otherwise, other nations will perceive US as running scared, which ma ...

Even if China has no interest in being the world leader, in another 10-15 years China will be the largest economy and a very strong military power. It is just a matter of time.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.