The colorful life of foreigners in China   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-11-26 19:47:51 |Display all floors
I was taken aback by the 4th pic...

Nightmare!
Bravos

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-27 02:11:46 |Display all floors
dolehowyee Post time: 2013-11-26 19:12
I really don't know that one. But I don't see any necessity of wearing Han clothing. You know it  ...

In my eyes, the so-called "Tang" -which is a misnomer-  clothing for men are gaudy without lvisual appeal.  May I ask if you are of  Manchurian origin since you dislike Han clothing but prefer qipaos?

Use magic tools Report

Blogger of 2013

Post time 2013-11-27 03:23:01 |Display all floors
msrong Post time: 2013-11-26 04:13
Japanese and Koreans cherish their traditional clothing tradition more and do a better job than Ch ...

Obviously, you have not been to sheik traditional events in China, Taiwan Hong Kong, Singapore, & Thailand. Give me an address where i can send you an invitation in the next event. You are required to dress up for the event too.

These traditional sartorial elegance includes costumes, and accessories so original that The Ministry of Culture in France has requested this Group in Beijing I know of cooperating with them to use traditional dye and fibers.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2013-11-27 07:37:28 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2013-11-26 10:57

I think I misplaced my Invitation
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-27 08:24:31 |Display all floors
dolehowyee Post time: 2013-11-26 09:39
1. There are many kinds of traditional clothes in China, while there is only one in Korea or Japan. ...

i like Han clothes

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-27 09:31:05 |Display all floors
msrong Post time: 2013-11-27 02:11
In my eyes, the so-called "Tang" -which is a misnomer-  clothing for men are gaudy without lvisu ...

1. No, I'm not "of Manchurian", I'm "of Han".
2. You didn't answer me but I think you are Chinese or your Chinese is very good as you know I was talking about Qipao. If you are Chinese, do you wear Han clothing? If you are not Chinese, suppose you are, would you wear it?
3. "misnomer"... Sorry for my poor English, I looked up the dictionary{:soso_e117:}  How to call it? (but can you stick to the point...{:soso_e103:})
4. You said Tang suit was "gaudy without lvisual appeal", but you were saying we should wear traditional clothes in certain days to "promote Chinese culture", isn't Tang suit one of traditional clothing? And it's "gaudy without lvisual appeal"... although I don't really know what it means but I think it doesn't mean good-looking. Which I understand because that is also the reason why I don't like Han clothing. As I have told before that it is unlike what you see on TV shows or photos with models wearing it, it looks not good when you are actually wearing it -- it often requires make-up, haircut, good quality clothes, etc. The other reason why I don't like it is it is not so convenient as Qipao, too much clothes, especially in summer you will not like it...and when in toilet...I bet neither men nor women like it...But I did like it as I used to imitate people wearing Han clothes on TV shows by my blankets when I was a child, I agree that they can be elegant and I don't dislike it that much but I just don't see any necessity and it won't look good without a professional dressing team...
5. As I have asked before, which traditional clothes should we wear? According to your words, you might think it is Han clothing. Suppose you are in a restaurant and there are "only bananas", "only bacon", "only steak", you order "only steak" and when you finish someone asks "Why didn't we order only bananas? We used to eat them very often when we were chimpanzees!" (I know it is not a good example but I've been thinking of a good one since I woke up so don't care about details{:soso_e106:}) As I have told that the time we wore Han clothing was long long ago, now only a few people know how to make one or... no one knows...?
6. You mentioned Chinese leaders are calling for promotion of Chinese culture but do they really mean we should wear Han clothes? Have you seen any Chinese leader wear it? Chinese culture reflects in every Chinese people's spirit, not Han clothing. Chinese characters and the way we think are much more important.
Many informations are trying to mislead us to judge a certain group of people by small things done by a few people.
Thus have I heard.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2013-11-27 10:30:24 |Display all floors
snappysammy Post time: 2013-11-26 15:37
I think I misplaced my Invitation

No need for invitations. The my wife invited everyone personally.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.