Views: 9053|Replies: 22

I have no idea what to do with my life   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-11-19 17:29:03 |Display all floors
I’m in my mid twenties, and I hate myself. I’m not the least bit confident in my abilities, nor do I have any passions that could drive me toward a potential career. I’m not good at anything, I forget to accomplish simple tasks, I struggle to pay attention, I drag my feet at work, and I’m generally pretty miserable.

I can’t see myself doing anything with my life that isn’t a shitty and menial job. I’m not good at math, so every stable profession is pretty much out of the question. My step-brother recently graduated with a major in computer science and landed a great job. I’m happy for him, but a little jealous.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-11-20 01:38:59 |Display all floors
This post was edited by KristaChen at 2013-11-20 01:39

1.you need someone who can listen to you and be there for you.
2.Talk to your brother about your feelings and do some exercises.
3. Make some short term goals and try to finish them one by one.

Wish you be happy soon!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-20 12:23:59 |Display all floors
Anyone may experiences a despressed period.You should be better and better after you real devote youself into certain career.;
life is colorful with you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-20 12:25:52 |Display all floors
It is horrible that you do nothing.....You should take certain hobby to consume these boring time.
life is colorful with you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-20 13:34:28 |Display all floors
Same here...
Thus have I heard.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-20 14:32:09 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-20 16:57:57 |Display all floors
THE MIND MUST ALSO BE MENTALLY STRONG

Try and see if this helps a bit.

Firstly try not to waste time and energy feeling sorry for yourself or on things you cannot control.{:soso_e115:} Your step brother has his life, you have your own.

Stop looking at the past and move forward. {:soso_e100:}Be prepared to take some risk and make some changes. But you must be patient. Good things comes to those who wait and work hard for it.

I know these are only words. And you are only human. Just do one thing at a time. Don't rush. I know the thinking in China is that everything must be fast. But human behaviour takes time to change. And changing to something better takes even longer time. But it's worth it. It is character building.

Best of luck. But don't just rely on it. Work hard at it.{:soso_e176:}

You can read more from this interesting article on becoming mentally strong.
http://www.lifehack.org/articles ... ng-people-dont.html

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.