Author: Pond

Indian Offical tells media, Rape should be accepted   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-11-13 14:18:00 |Display all floors
Anyway, India should think about why rape cases is that high, and why Indian men dare to commit even in a bus.

The law of India must be very loose.

Indian women are not appropriately treated.

{:soso_e115:}
There is one spectacle grander than the sea, that is the sky; there is one spectacle grander than the sky, that is the interior of the soul.-Victor Hugo

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-13 14:19:00 |Display all floors
incarnationabc Post time: 2013-11-13 14:18
Anyway, India should think about why rape cases is that high, and why Indian men dare to commit even ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-13 14:27:13 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2013-11-13 13:11
I think you are either confused  or playing mischief - the statement of the official does not mean h ...

I liked Indian culture, and Indian people. When I was teen, I dreamt one day I would like to go to India. It was the first ever country I wanted to visit.

But some Indian men that I got to know were very rude to either to me, or to other women. And I heard about it is not safe for a woman to travel there alone.

I don't like it anymore. I am disappointed.

I don't want to make you upset, or try to bash India because you seem to be a good person. These words are from the bottom of my heart.

There is one spectacle grander than the sea, that is the sky; there is one spectacle grander than the sky, that is the interior of the soul.-Victor Hugo

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2013-11-13 17:36:35 |Display all floors
incarnationabc Post time: 2013-11-13 16:18
Anyway, India should think about why rape cases is that high, and why Indian men dare to commit even ...

Look, you should directly talk to the 'India' that you want to think a certain way. You may need to find out what that 'India' is thinking in the first place. When you talk of a rape in India, it is news to me just as it is to you. If you think because I am of Indian origin that I should respond in a different way from anyone else, you will be disappointed. I will not be one bit ashamed because it was an Indian who committed the rape. I will take it in the same way if you tell me an Christian stole something in Paraguay, or if a Scandinavian raped someone in his country. I would not be one bit extra ashamed if I were a Scandinavian or a Christian. However, I would be feel an outrage and sympathy over the crimes because I am human and that the perpetrator was also human. On that level, sure yes. But otherwise, i am not responsible or particularly special in my response because I share the same nationality or religion or whatever, other than the fact that we are both human.  
There are so many things we can share and discuss on this forum. If someone sets out to make a lot of effort to come and point out an "Indian" crime, I can respond in many ways. I try to let them know my response as a feeling fellow human being. But if they are insistent on getting an 'Indian' response, I like to reciprocate and share with them the details of a rape in another country, by another person or something that THEY are associated with and ask how they feel about it. While we can just as easily discuss something positive about being an Indian or English or American or Malaysian or Chinese or Muslim or Christian, something interesting, something on a common human level, even the weather or a recipe, if the other person is insistent on pinning something on me because I am Indian, I then oblige them by playing their own game. Usually, they dont seem to like it very much. The smart ones back off and find other things to talk about. The not-so-smart ones keep coming back and getting doses of my response. It might even appear that some like it, are addicted to it and want to keep playing that game. You do not appear to be that sort. I suppose you are curious if I have a particular feeling or response to rape cases in India because they are being reported a lot and Indians are being painted in a particular way. There are so many things about this that I could respond to - why only india? why this sudden interest? why is the interest being sustained to the point of absurdity - like this OP - not even trying to read and make sense of a statement that is perfectly logical? All I can say is that, in responding to this, I might have to bring up cases of horrific rapes and other crimes in your country, by people of your background, race etc, and illustrate it fully to make my point. I will not mean to offend you or your compatriots or your race etc. If  you can calmly withstand it and want to discuss, I will gladly do so, when I find the time.
But I would much rather discuss a thousand other issues that are more suited for a positive exchange of views between people, across the globe from different places... I am even interested in the negative side of life, but if the discussion has a positive orientation and goal it is fine with me. I am not sure what your goal is in this topic. What do you want ME to do about any Indian rape or any Indian official's statement? I am not responsible for them. If you think I am, you should be willing to explain similar things about your country, your race, your religion etc. Would that be fun for you?
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-13 18:00:12 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2013-11-13 17:36
Look, you should directly talk to the 'India' that you want to think a certain way. You may need t ...

I got your point- You mean you don't have the Indian nationality any more, so I should talk to India.

But in another thread of yours that you request people to talk about the failure of their own country.

You do criticise India. If it has nothing to do with you, why did you want to mention it? I don't believe you try to digress from your topic.

1. I will start it off
  2. My country of birth - India, has failed to provide the basic essentials to millions - food, clean water, education. There is failure in the leadership to provide inspiration and motivation for many talented people to see a future for themselves working and living in India. It is still a wonderful, great country.
Copy code

If you don't mention India  I certainly will not talk about rape cases to you.

Though you have emigrated to Australia, I believe you still have very strong attachment to India where your parents, relatives, friends lived/live, where you were born. Am I right?

I agreed that every country has rapists.  But the crimes of rape in India are way higher than in other countries. They assaulted women in the bus, foreigners.... This hardly happened in China. I mean rapists dare not rape women in public places. And other other people found they will report to police. But many people in Indian bus, they dont help the victim. That's appalling

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-13 18:04:24 |Display all floors
Look, you should directly talk to the 'India' that you want to think a certain way. You may need t ...

Kids in American TV programme claimed that they would to kill all Chinese, and Jimmy Kimmel said it is funny.

It outrages a lot of oversea ethnic Chinese, though they are Americans now in nationality. Those Chinese Americans prostest and requst Kimmel to resign.

Do you have any suggest that why those non-Chinese want to protest?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-13 18:11:24 |Display all floors
  1. In What Has My Country Failed In My Eyes?
Copy code
What do you think if I criticise India in the thread? I am Chinese citizen, and I only talked about my own country.

But you admit you that India is your own country so you criticise

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.