Author: KIyer

In What Has My Country Failed In My Eyes?   [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2013-11-13 05:43:53 |Display all floors
It appears that so far, with all the visitors to this thread, only 3 countries have been identified as being imperfect. It must either be a wonderful perfect world out there, or only Indians, Australians and USAnians (?) have visited this post and decided - what the heck, KIyer, Pond and JFenix have spoken for us, we cannot find anything more wrong.. Gosh, I never realised the world was so good and wonderful.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-13 05:54:14 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-13 06:00:18 |Display all floors
zglobal Post time: 2013-11-13 07:54
India and Pakistan have had 50 years to get there house in order rand still we see such abject pov ...

thanks for the posting on the country you feel associated with (even if by others)! I agree with the sentiment on too many trivial and goody-goody laws that are trying to save people from themselves. I like your idea for electronic referendums on most issues of significance - i find the people are usually on the average more sensible and honest as a group than politicians in ANY country - though true leaders are usually there and only a few of them.

As for your suggestions on the cricket match between India and Pakistan, I think it should be a world series and we should invite ALL countries, even those that play a distorted version of the good game  with rounded bats!
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-13 07:56:16 |Display all floors
This post was edited by incarnationabc at 2013-11-13 07:56

I am China-born Chinese citizen. I am proud of the achievements of China, unlike some sissy people like Seneca, Zglobal who feel ashamed to tell us where they are originally from. {:soso_e123:}

I wouldn't call somethings that under desire are failures of my country, China.

Our government doesn't take enough tough stance against Nazi Japan. China should work with Asian countries together, and protest the worship of Yakusuni where WW2 Nazi criminals are enshrined.
There is one spectacle grander than the sea, that is the sky; there is one spectacle grander than the sky, that is the interior of the soul.-Victor Hugo

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-13 08:12:53 |Display all floors
I am from England and want to apologise to all people everywhere!

We have caused almost all the world's problems just like Prime Minister Cameron once admitted.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-13 08:22:00 |Display all floors
This post was edited by KIyer at 2013-11-13 10:22
woodburn Post time: 2013-11-13 10:12
I am from England and want to apologise to all people everywhere!

We have caused almost all the wor ...

thanks! I would like to emphasise the word 'ALMOST' in your post! It is good that you are not too unfairly harsh on England.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-13 08:42:07 |Display all floors
Come on folks! it seems it is difficult as pulling teeth to admit something your country failed at. When it comes to other countries the words flow easily - fast and furious!

Don't worry,  your country will not be prosecuted in a court of law based on your admission, you will not be called as a witness for the prosecution... You will not even be prosecuted in your own country for what you admit here (dont believe what others tell you)...
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.