Author: KIyer

In What Has My Country Failed In My Eyes?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-11-12 20:04:22 |Display all floors
I am an american and I feel my country has failed in promoting international justice through an international body instead of taking up issues itself.

There is no country that will put the interests of others before their own needs.  One country cannot play world police and have it work.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-12 20:38:37 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2013-11-12 17:04
I am an american and I feel my country has failed in promoting international justice through an inte ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-12 23:56:41 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-11-12 21:25
I wish the Asian also-rans would finally address their own shortcomings and brutal past that has o ...

Um....this isn't the thread to complain about other countries.  The whole forum is for that.  This thread is to acknowledge shortcomings of your own country.

So seneca....anything to say about South Africa?

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-13 04:14:32 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-11-12 21:25
I wish the Asian also-rans would finally address their own shortcomings and brutal past that has o ...

This is the Asian was, blame everybody else for your own incompetence. India tried it, They were better off under British Rule than what they are now under their own rule.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2013-11-13 04:16:18 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2013-11-12 22:04
I am an american and I feel my country has failed in promoting international justice through an inte ...

thanks JFenix!
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-13 04:16:52 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2013-11-13 01:56
Um....this isn't the thread to complain about other countries.  The whole forum is for that.  This ...

My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-13 04:25:18 |Display all floors
Pond Post time: 2013-11-13 06:14
This is the Asian was, blame everybody else for your own incompetence. India tried it, They were b ...

again, off-topic of this thread. And one should leave it to the majority of Indians to decide if they are better off under British rule. It takes a long time to shake-off the shackles and booby traps the British left. Yes, some of these are the boobs who think a country should invite a master from somewhere to rule them. I know many Aussies are still happy being ruled by British royalty, but many Indians identify with other Aussies who are for a truly independent Republic - like the former Prime Minister Paul Keating! They would rather struggle and progress by themselves. If the British stopped interfering and truly left them alone India and Pakistan-Bangladesh would have prospered. It is divide and rule and some local loyal-royal servants and stooges who still crave for the British royalty in India.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.