Views: 10207|Replies: 45

In What Has My Country Failed In My Eyes?   [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2013-11-12 17:21:11 |Display all floors
This post was edited by KIyer at 2013-11-12 19:24

Folks, we see many threads about one country or another, people bashing it, others defending it (often by bashing the bashers of the said country) and so on. One can criticise, but it is best done with love. I suppose most of us love our own countries. So, lets practice on our own country first.

I would like to ask each of you to state the name of your own country (countries - if you feel you feel you belong to more than one) and identify one thing/area in which it has failed in your own eyes.  Speak just for yourself, not for others and not for your country - just state YOUR opinion.

I will start it off
My country of birth - India, has failed to provide the basic essentials to millions - food, clean water, education. There is failure in the leadership to provide inspiration and motivation for many talented people to see a future for themselves working and living in India. It is still a wonderful, great country.

My adopted country (the country that adopted me actually) Australia. It is a wonderful country but not perfect. It has failed to respect the indigenous people as they deserve. It has failed to rein in waste in consumption.

Go on, have a go! It should be easy to see how we can comment and criticise with love and goodwill. Contrast this with the kind of criticism we post about other countries and see for ourselves (each of us can self-criticise, and not start a slanging match trading insults).
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-12 17:37:30 |Display all floors
True, but Australia is facing its shameful past, all be it with great pain, at least the people of Australia is acknowledging the evil from the past and taking steps to to heal the divide so we can all be Australians together.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-12 17:39:47 |Display all floors
This post was edited by KIyer at 2013-11-12 19:40
Pond Post time: 2013-11-12 19:37
True, but Australia is facing its shameful past, all be it with great pain, at least the people of A ...

good. now tell us in what way do you think your country has failed in your eyes? Is it difficult to point out even one single, simple failure? I know it comes easier when it is about another country, but mate, let's show we can be fair-dinkum.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-12 17:42:20 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2013-11-12 17:39
good. now tell us in what way do you think your country has failed in your eyes? Is it difficult to ...

Some government departments (Child Support Agency) have killed many parents through unreasonable demands.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-12 17:46:37 |Display all floors
Pond Post time: 2013-11-12 19:42
Some government departments (Child Support Agency) have killed many parents through unreasonable d ...

thanks!
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-12 17:47:42 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2013-11-12 17:46
thanks!

No  probs

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-12 18:13:04 |Display all floors
what is happening folks? I see 30 reads and only one had the guts to write up something. I am proud of my compatriot Aussie! Good on you Pond!  
Others, dont just read and go away quietly. If you have ever posted an opinion about another country's failures, why do you stop now? Too hard to look at your own, eh? Come on and do your country proud by showing some moral courage!
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.