Author: abramicus

Golden Opportunity for China to Convince the Philippines to be a Good Neighbor   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-11-13 23:54:38 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Writer's real name is Lau Guan Kim.  lau_guan_kim is for commentary and analysis. He writes also under another alter ego jinseng. I will respond to good reasoned debate. Mudslingers shall be ignored. What I do not like are ignorance, stupidity, chauvinism and bigotry. The other party has as much right as I have until it resorts to insults and nuisance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-14 06:33:40 |Display all floors
lau_guan_kim Post time: 2013-11-13 23:53
Beggars better not be aggressors!

So the word humanitarian has no meaning for you? Did no countries send aid to RICH China following the Sichuan earthquake?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-14 06:41:04 |Display all floors
lau_guan_kim Post time: 2013-11-13 23:34
You just stop your nonsense there. If you feel sympathy, why not donate some few thousand dollars? ...

Why do you assume I dislike China? Why would I have a Chinese wife and live in China if that was the case? How do you know I have not donated? I just heard that ordinary UK people have already donated 1,5 million pounds in one day and that the UK government promises to match every pound donated. Don't pontificate about something you are totally ignorant about.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-14 08:48:28 |Display all floors
This post was edited by abramicus at 2013-11-14 08:51

HAIYAN BLEW AWAY CHINA'S IMAGE OF A BENEVOLENT RISING POWER AND REPLACED IT WITH A COLD, CALCULATING AND CRUEL FACE - SO MUCH FOR CHINA'S PEACEFUL RISE, IT'S OVER!

As images of the tide of human suffering seep into the pages of the world media, the paltry assistance that China offered the Philippines does send a message to the Filipino people, and all Asian countries.  

Humanitarianism is not China's cup of tea, and don't bank on China to shed a drop of tear for suffering humanity, because land, money, and power, are all that matters to China.

Forget it, China.  It is all over.  China's new international face is HAIYAN.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-14 08:54:27 |Display all floors
THE NEW CHINA IS NOT A BENEVOLENT CHINA AFTER ALL

Now that international help from all countries are pouring in, if not already on the ground, the Philippines should REJECT all aid from China, from hereon.  Including, the $100,000 peanut money from Beijing for the birds.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-14 09:43:45 |Display all floors
This post was edited by abramicus at 2013-11-14 09:53

THE BATTLE OF THE PHILIPPINE SEA III
November 8, 2013
When the Tide of International Opinion Turned Against China Forever.

The greatest naval battle in human history took place around the islands of Leyte, Samar and Luzon from October 20 to 26, 1944.  This marked the comeback of America to the Philippines fulfilling MacArthur's promise to the Filipino people of "I shall return".   This, General MacArthur did on October 20, 1944, landing with his staff at Palo Beach in Leyte, the site of the Haiyan Supertyphoon landing on November 8, 2013.  What followed was a miraculous rounding up of the entire Imperial Japanese Navy that made the First Battle of the Philippine Sea (June 19-20, 1944) look like a Sunday picnic.  Unlike MacArthur's landing, Haiyan (a Chinese term, meaning "Sea Swallow") brought death and destruction to the local populace.  But in a mirror image of the Battle of Leyte, it was instead the waning American power, put on the defensive by China's meteoric rise, defending its last bastion that won the ensuing debacle.

Truly, the propaganda war between China, that boasts of being a peaceful rising power, and America, that claims to be a bastion of freedom and democracy, reached its climax and conclusion in the same historic seas where Imperial Japanese naval power was decisively defeated.  Here, in these waters, history will remember the pivotal moment when Heaven called, and China did not answer.  Pax Americana has just received the renewal of its mandate from Heaven, where it received its original blessing, 69 years ago.

Faced with such despair and desolation, even a beggar would have donated his coins to feed the hungry, but China refused.

Its $100,000 is not even a drop in the bucket.  When it arrived in the Philippines, it looked more like a spittle from a morally moribund society that picks on the weak and shows no pity on the poor.  It can only be spat out with derision.  It shows that while China, economically and militarily, is no longer the Sick Man of Asia.  Its morality is moribund and its humanity is in need of urgent resuscitation.

The US Pivot to Asia has just gotten a shot in the arm.  And, well deserved.  How can a morally bankrupt country ever hope to make its currency the next reserve currency of the world?  Or the guardian of the peace and prosperity of its neighbors?  China has lost it all, and has nobody to blame but itself.  Just as a morally depraved Japan lost the remnants of its imperial navy which was no longer able to defend its mainland from that moment on.  

On a different level, China's abysmal failure in the morality "War" of Leyte of 2013 signals its eventual defeat on all other fronts of its propaganda efforts to secure its borders and territories.  All anyone needs to remember is "Haiyan" and China's propaganda initiatives fall apart like sand castles on the beach.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-14 12:01:35 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Writer's real name is Lau Guan Kim.  lau_guan_kim is for commentary and analysis. He writes also under another alter ego jinseng. I will respond to good reasoned debate. Mudslingers shall be ignored. What I do not like are ignorance, stupidity, chauvinism and bigotry. The other party has as much right as I have until it resorts to insults and nuisance.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.