Author: Rearwindow

Should we find amusement out of National ordeal and humiliation?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-11-4 21:33:11 |Display all floors
bravos Post time: 2013-11-4 20:45
It was a rediculous decade with a prodigious number of tragidies. If you dare not face those 10 ye ...

That is but one view.... not the whole picture. One has to look objectively at the reasons behind any historical event, before condemning it as you do.

To a westerner China is the chow mein at the restaurant, the fortune cookie, the paper lantern and the dragon motif on a silk dressing gown... it is a facade. Behind all that lies a long and turbulent history, with much suffering among the people, only made bearable by the wisdom of the sages.

China has been depicted in landscape paintings, as the vast overwhelming beauty of nature with minuscule and insignificant people in the foreground..... is that what the CR was trying to address?
The world needs more idiots like me, all the others think they are clever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-4 21:41:50 |Display all floors
TheHermit Post time: 2013-11-4 21:33
That is but one view.... not the whole picture. One has to look objectively at the reasons behind  ...

Wow, your writing style looks like a woman writer, who wrote a new Holmes series, including 'The Lanaguage of the bees'.

Good writing skill.
Bravos

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-4 21:42:11 |Display all floors
Lack of knowledge is to blame. A PhD Chinese student I know announced to me with a straight face...........I am not interested in politics! I wanted to cry for him as this is essential in most countries but even more so in China!

The brainwashing of these young people worked in its entirety.
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-4 21:46:56 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Bandito at 2013-11-4 18:08
robert237 Post time: 2013-11-4 07:27
There is nothing wrong with celebrating the savoir of a nation. Especially a nation with the long an ...

Is Halloween Chinese culture, eh Robster? See where that is taking us? US does not need to invade China.......Oh and young Germans run around town dressed in WW11 unforms,  jackboots and draped in swastika!,
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-4 21:48:50 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Bandito at 2013-11-4 18:05
TheHermit Post time: 2013-11-4 16:03
People can protest or mock as they may, but they cannot dissociate themselves from their past. The C ...

That is the problem, most Chinese I have meet completely dissociate from past............by saying this or that has nowt to do with China now. The heart gently weeps

Zero knowledge of their past history save for sanitised version

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-5 03:29:29 |Display all floors
bravos Post time: 2013-11-4 21:41
Wow, your writing style looks like a woman writer, who wrote a new Holmes series, including 'The L ...

Sorry to disappoint you.....  but I am a not so literate man.

I am acquainted with the old Holmes stories..... not the new ones. But what does all this have to do with China and the CR?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-5 04:08:02 |Display all floors
Bandito Post time: 2013-11-4 21:48
That is the problem, most Chinese I have meet completely dissociate from past............by saying  ...

What you say is probably true regarding the Chinese minorities in the west. This contrary to my experience with other expat communities from different parts of the world. They seem to turn inward looking, and frozen in time to the moment of their departure from their mother land. I have seen many members of such communities, attempt to return to their respective home country, only to find the changes there unbearable and rushing back to their expat community.

Undoubtedly, many Chinese have this love-affair with western culture, which defies logic.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.