Author: Rearwindow

Should we find amusement out of National ordeal and humiliation?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-11-4 19:53:29 |Display all floors
Halloween costumes? Red guards fits nicely among skeletons,ghosts, vampires and zombies and other nightmarish creatures.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-4 20:03:50 |Display all floors
People can protest or mock as they may, but they cannot dissociate themselves from their past. The Cultural Revolution was no less significant in China's history than the French revolution. Attempting to deride the CR, is disrespectful to the Chinese people and their achievements.
The world needs more idiots like me, all the others think they are clever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-4 20:12:50 |Display all floors
The girls look pristine and I don't see if there's anything wrong with the dress-up.
Bravos

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-4 20:16:16 |Display all floors
This post was edited by TheHermit at 2013-11-4 20:17
bravos Post time: 2013-11-4 20:12
The girls look pristine and I don't see if there's anything wrong with the dress-up.

The photos are ambiguous, are they mocking the CR... or are they trying to remind the world of that landmark in Chinese history?
They certainly went through a great deal of trouble and expense with the uniforms.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-4 20:17:13 |Display all floors
TheHermit Post time: 2013-11-4 20:16
The photos are ambiguous, are they mocking the CR... or are they trying to remind the world of tha ...

It was an unfortunate history and I don't see if there's any reason to ban the theme.
Bravos

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-4 20:22:33 |Display all floors
bravos Post time: 2013-11-4 20:17
It was an unfortunate history and I don't see if there's any reason to ban the theme.

Any struggle, with great loss of life, is unfortunate.... but we cannot turn back the clock. I always think that past events were unavoidable.... no point in crying over spilled milk.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-4 20:45:22 |Display all floors
TheHermit Post time: 2013-11-4 20:22
Any struggle, with great loss of life, is unfortunate.... but we cannot turn back the clock. I alw ...

It was a rediculous decade with a prodigious number of tragidies. If you dare not face those 10 years, how can you ensure you will never forget the past?

Forgetting the past means betrayal.
Bravos

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.