Author: informer

Does US have the moral authority to criticize China’s human right records?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-10-25 21:56:52 |Display all floors
Let's be honest. Despite some civil rights shortcomings, the US has a far better record than China. Now, as China evolves, it is getting higher standards. But it has a long way to go. In Canada, I think we may have better civil rights than the US; but we are a more modest, law-abiding place. Certainly the Scandinavian countries have better civil rights than the US.
What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-25 23:54:10 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2013-10-24 07:20
""International institutions have pretty much no power when it comes to US military.""

And neithe ...

The US is not a toad in a well............it matter to have allies.  The US cannot alienate the world and thrive....still peddling snake oil are we?

And the US cannot defeat the world in a fight as well so there is element of control alright.............you just choose to peddle myths and hearsay.

No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-25 23:58:45 |Display all floors
BEIJING — A Chinese court has upheld the eight-year sentence of an investigative journalist in Shandong Province who had already completed a four-year term on charges of “extortion and blackmail” — charges that his lawyers say were concocted to silence him.
Related

Times Topic: China
The journalist, Qi Chonghuai, 46, was two weeks away from release last month when the same court that convicted him in 2008 retried him on the same charges. Human rights advocates have described the entire legal process as flawed and say the second conviction is a blatant violation of Chinese law.

NOW, GIVE AN EXAMPLE OF A US JOURNALIST THAT WAS JAILED FOR EXPOSING CORRUPTION IN 2010 ONWARDS...........

If none can be found, US has moral superiority alright.......The arbitrary nature of Chinese law is not edifying and it is unjust to the citizens.........This piece of yours is not a serious post.
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-26 06:12:02 |Display all floors
Bandito Post time: 2013-10-25 23:58
BEIJING — A Chinese court has upheld the eight-year sentence of an investigative journalist in Shan ...
NOW, GIVE AN EXAMPLE OF A US JOURNALIST THAT WAS JAILED FOR EXPOSING CORRUPTION IN 2010 ONWARDS...........

In the US journalists and whistle blowers are likely to suffer from "Boston brakes" and other unexplained phenomena.
The world needs more idiots like me, all the others think they are clever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-26 06:26:36 |Display all floors
NO
I am an Asian American. I came to Chinadaily forum hoping to share my experience, knowledge, and my point of view. And in return I want to get the same in return from friends from around the world.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-26 06:57:53 |Display all floors
vincent01 Post time: 2013-10-24 10:32
It is really not  the time for the US to point finger at China, when it just came to light that the  ...

Stupid way of thinking.

Who cares about the reputation of a government over people?

Should that mean then that China should not criticize human rights issues of others?

What about the US drone attacks?  Is that not a human rights issue?

Why put the 'feelings' of a country ahead of human rights?

Everyone should be talking about human rights.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-26 10:41:07 |Display all floors
it is all a waste of words , the USA will do as it wishes and spy on any country it wants to . They are the big wheel in this world, they tend to stick these noses in every counties  business for what ever reason; they don't need a reason. The Internet and things like FACKBOOK and YouTube are tools for the USA to see what is going on in this world. Your dame Cell Phone is a GPS tool for the USA , all they need is you id or Phone number or your chat ID , oh yea . If they want to find out what's going on in your life they will find you. Even if you write something like I writing now . Oh last but least this web site is closely watched by the US spy people. So when they the US talks about China or any other country it is all just talk . They just want to know everything going on . They know that when they bad talk China it upsets the people and the  government. The mighty US is the number country in this , so they want you to believe. And yes the mighty phoney US dollar is suppose to be the number dollar.  The RMB in 10 years will be worth more that the USA buck.. so y
Playing Mahjong in Hangzhou world competition.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.