Author: abramicus

WHAT ON EARTH IS THE "TEA PARTY"? [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2013-10-12 16:56:33 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2013-10-11 19:32
what?
They attract all the cowboys, farm hands, and small town gooooons in America.

is it because the 'white-collar workers' and the big town goons are all already taken and members of the two major parties? so it looks like only these people are left with no party to fight for their interests...
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-12 17:02:56 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2013-10-11 19:32
what?
They attract all the cowboys, farm hands, and small town gooooons in America.

it is because the fat-cats and big town gooooons in America are all already members of the two major parties and these people left over feel there is no party to look after their interests?
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-12 17:59:29 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2013-10-12 17:02
it is because the fat-cats and big town gooooons in America are all already members of the two m ...

you pity these climate change denying small town gooooons,
who pity us?

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-12 22:10:22 |Display all floors
I suggest you Google the Tea Party websites. I haven't yet; but I'm going to do that right now.
What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-12 22:24:10 |Display all floors
Tea Party has an official site teaparty.org and Wikipedia describes the composition and polls of its members. It seems the average member is a little better-off than the average American, more religious and more white. They don't seem as uneducated as I had assumed. They are right-wing. Being a moderate leftist, I am prejudiced against them.
What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-13 04:31:10 |Display all floors
This post was edited by KIyer at 2013-10-13 06:38
Revolutionar Post time: 2013-10-12 19:59
you pity these climate change denying small town gooooons,
who pity us?

I dont pity the Tea Party, I dont know enough about them to pity them. But I think it is unfair and arrogant of anyone to call them 'small town goooons", you still have no answer to which party do you think the 'big town goooons' belong to in the US. Looks like you are somehow unable to deal straight with an issue and being compelled to follow a blinkered approach. I can pity you...

If you disagree with someone's views on climate change, labelling them a 'goon' is not respectful, nice or decent. Dont expect goodwill in dealing with someone when you exhibit such arrogance. Ultimately democracy can work successfullly only on goodwill between people, because there will always be differences of opinions. There needs to be compromises made to function and that requires goodwill. Now think hard about how you are personally doing in that area in the way you are trying to 'persuade' people!
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-13 04:34:19 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2013-10-13 00:24
Tea Party has an official site teaparty.org and Wikipedia describes the composition and polls of its ...

Thanks Ted, I too looked up a website on the Tea Party. Just like any other party, they too showcase what they think are the postive aspects of their goals. It is always in the actions when in power that one can judge a party by. If one sees the websites or advertisements of any political party in most democracy in the world and judges their actions, the following saying comes to mind "Even the Devil will quote the scriptures"..
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.