Views: 5444|Replies: 3

[Others] I am confused with my collegue [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-10-9 15:35:51 |Display all floors
I have over three years working experience in Machinery company, but change my job this year.
When I come to the new company, there are already 4 salesman working in Export Dept. But they are new in machinery company, and know a little about the machinery. Even know nothing about the production line.
Most of time, they ask me how to select machineries for production line, and how to post the products information on B2B web.
One month passed, our boss want to hold meeting in city center. On the meeting, they ask me:" how to improve the clients' watching qulity/" I tell them:" your post info are too simple, and your machinery instruction are copy from internet. that's why not too many people glad to take a view of your threads."
"Why don't you tell us earier?" one of them ask me.
Suddenly I don't know how to explain. Most of skills are learning from me. Is this my mistakes??
Now, I am confused what they are thinking.
www.rotarykiln-dajia.com   www.dajiakiln.com

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-9 16:22:39 |Display all floors
Your mistake for not telling them earlier?
Don't blame yourself.  you don't have responsibility to babysit them

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-9 22:42:21 |Display all floors
Just do what you think it's proper. The nature of human is greedy, just ignore their words.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-10-10 09:35:03 |Display all floors
This post was edited by WhiteBear at 2013-10-10 09:35

You are a sales person not the teacher, not the manager?
You are NOT responsible for other persons' duties, right?

He asked - You told Your oppinion, and this is fine.
This is basic.

In some companies managers like to ask and hear the simple workers' oppinions, and this is even better. But when They do it only once and are surprised that You haven't told before...
Hm.
In a "foreign company" communication is less formal, but as I know the Chinese companies from the inside... well... there are strictly divided competences, and the "emperor-like" management structure. This creates some problems.

Now You know, that You boss will hear Your oppinions, so in future You know what to do.
Maybe You should talk with Him about all things that You spotted and have some ideas how to improve?
You can start the meeting saying "I'm glad that You are concerned about my personal oppinion, if You would like to talk about it - maybe I can share some other thoughts? I'm sorry that my information is a bit late, but nobody asked me before to report it, and I haven't seen anybody concerned about it so I simply tried to do my job as good as possible. Now I understand that I can do something more."

And after some time... maybe You can he some kind of supervisor or manager? ;)
Who knows...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.