Author: americanmale3

Need Help with Noisy Chinese Neighbor   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-10-7 19:39:00 |Display all floors
This post was edited by americanmale3 at 2013-10-7 19:40
symondsez Post time: 2013-10-7 17:06
Showing ignorance when caught  is a cultural thing in China, no matter what happens a Chinese will ...

Thanks for the advice.  Through word of mouth and direct experience, many people in my building have a negative opinion of the occupants of that noise-making apartment.  Maybe we will visit those Chinese tenants as a group and try to convince them to act in a respectful manner.

P.S.: I'm a native non-Caucasian male.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-7 19:49:18 |Display all floors
RENREW Post time: 2013-10-7 16:16
Make sure they sleep, than you start banging. Repeat if not working.

You are correct that psychologically speaking, when someone else is forced to walk in your own shoes, they may be more likely to capitulate and change their behavior.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-7 20:39:50 |Display all floors
americanmale3 Post time: 2013-10-7 19:49
You are correct that psychologically speaking, when someone else is forced to walk in your own ...

talking from experience, here in China were I live all neighbors are Chinese!
Twentyfive percent out of nothing is still nothing!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-7 22:50:44 |Display all floors
Your building should have a Building Manager or even a Resident Manager. Also a Property Management Company.
There are House Rules and by-laws. Get a copy and read it. Check your rental/lease contract. Most resident buildings have rules concerning noise levels at different hours. It is the Managers job to enforce the House Rules and fines can be given out to the unit's owner, not the renter.
Work with the Manager first then call the police if needed.  Document everything.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-8 04:08:18 |Display all floors
americanmale3 Post time: 2013-10-7 12:12
I respect the people of China, but unfortunately, the minority of them that show no respect for peop ...

The victims of the motorcycle gang are Chinese-Americans, not natives of China.  

I suggest that you get together with other tenants and make a joint complaint to the landlord.  If that doesn't work, set off firecrackers in front of their door of make a recording of their noisemaking and play it at full volume when they quiet down.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-8 07:08:41 |Display all floors
americanmale3 Post time: 2013-10-7 19:39
Thanks for the advice.  Through word of mouth and direct experience, many people in my building hav ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-8 09:13:49 |Display all floors
americanmale3 Post time: 2013-10-7 19:49
You are correct that psychologically speaking, when someone else is forced to walk in your own ...

Simple fix.
Call 911 and report a fire in the apartment above… repeated as necessary
Beware those who are quick to CENSOR. They are afraid of what they do not know…

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.