Author: Hmoonhistorian

Chinese built the U.S.   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-9-28 10:30:09 |Display all floors
magnetic1974 Post time: 2013-9-28 10:22
The different is that Chinese are not slave forever!! like others group people in US. After they w ...
The different is that Chinese are not slave forever!!

Just temporary?
Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-28 10:34:07 |Display all floors
magnetic1974 Post time: 2013-9-28 10:11
Without Chinese US would never have the railway system and without Chinese workers working for US  ...

And in this century that is what happening in China with the mega constructions in the whole country.
Cheap labor, exploiting people, also under age workers, same as factories.

You did well going to USA to live and make a good future

But I suggest you don´t bite hand that feeds you.
Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-28 10:50:15 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-28 11:18:30 |Display all floors
Please explain what "foundation" China built that made the USA what it is today?  The USA is a constitutional democratic republic founded by British colonists who rebelled against the monarchy. I could be wrong, but I don't believe any Chinese were present at the signing of the Declaration of Independence or the drafting of the Constitution. The United States became the country that is today on the backs of A!L immigrants who came to the USA in search of a better life, free from persecution or oppression. They came because America was considered the land of opportunity, where one could start over again. Chinese citizens came on their own volition to build the railroad. The work was hard and dangerous, but no one forced them to come. After the railroads were constructed, (if they survived) some stayed and became citizens, others returned to China.  Building infrastructure is not the same as building the foundation of a country. Based on your premise, all foreigners should have a say in Chinese affairs. After all, if it weren't for foreign investment (after China was "opened" during the 70's) China would not have been able to develop at the same break neck speed. There would be no middle class.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-28 16:17:49 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-28 16:24:11 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-28 20:48:35 |Display all floors
"American history had always tried to deny the fact that Chinese, Irish slaves, and Africa slaves that built America from the ground up."
Hmoonshine:- The Irish were not slaves in America. At the time, they went there for a better life . Also many Irish left their native land because of the famin . They were more like slaves in their native Ireland under the rule of the British government. The Irish were grafters just like all the other emigrants ,forced or otherwise. As for the Chinese building America I dont think so. The building of america was at the expence of the Native Americans.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.