Author: Hmoonhistorian

Chinese built the U.S.   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-9-28 04:51:31 |Display all floors
SDIvester Post time: 2013-9-27 14:05
China along with immigrants from other countries helped to build America through the hard labor they ...

People have ideas. Westerners killed people in other countries who have ideas but refuse to be bought over. At the end of the day, without real labor hard labor in those days, you can't built anything. American history had always tried to deny the fact that Chinese, Irish slaves, and Africa slaves that built America from the ground up. Chinese were not even allow to be photograph after the railroad was completed. China deserve credit for their effort in building the foundation of the United States that make what it is today.
I am an Asian American. I came to Chinadaily forum hoping to share my experience, knowledge, and my point of view. And in return I want to get the same in return from friends from around the world.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-28 04:54:43 |Display all floors
China built their own nation without using any slave captured like animals  from Africa or any other contract Irish style slaves, or with any American slaves. So I can see why China is so reluctant in allow Americans or any other Western countries to dictate their domestic policy. But as for America, Chinese and many other nations did help built America. I include Africans who did most of the work without pay at the time. Why can't China and others have any say in American domestic politics especially electing leaders?
I am an Asian American. I came to Chinadaily forum hoping to share my experience, knowledge, and my point of view. And in return I want to get the same in return from friends from around the world.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-28 07:22:53 |Display all floors
This post was edited by SDIvester at 2013-9-28 07:25
Hmoonhistorian Post time: 2013-9-28 04:51
People have ideas. Westerners killed people in other countries who have ideas but refuse to be bou ...

No doubt they did have an impact, but the vast majority of Chinese immigrants were used in back breaking ventures capitalized by the wealth that originated during the industrial revolution. Any Chinese entrepreneurs were somewhat limited to there own people, in areas labeled as CHINATOWN. San Francisco being the most populated at the time with Chinese immigrants. Chinatowns continued to expand in other States where NYC currently has the greatest population of Chinese.

library.thinkquest.org/20619/Chinese.html

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-28 07:25:50 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-28 07:42:24 |Display all floors
Hmoonhistorian Post time: 2013-9-28 04:54
China built their own nation without using any slave captured like animals  from Africa or any other ...

China did not need African slaves, they had plenty of Chinese slaves.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-28 09:05:33 |Display all floors
And still have them
I'm just here for the money

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-28 09:32:50 |Display all floors
SDIvester Post time: 2013-9-28 00:05
China along with immigrants from other countries helped to build America through the hard labor they ...

If you researched it, you will see the slaves built it and in todays' money........yep, their toil is more than the debt owed to China!

The Chinese built railroad. Sugar, cotton and whatever else the slaves did
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.