Author: AngleCandidate

Nowadays China in the Eyes of the World (Envious, jealous, or hateful?)   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-1-11 15:44:03 |Display all floors
@realestateus

ive been here for 8 years. i find small places are more open and friendlier. 2 years ago, me and a friend went on a month bike tour to inner mongolia and back. we found the further away from a city, the friendlier the people were. we had people offer us rides, police cars stopping to check if we were ok and needed help, policemen helping us find hotels, farmers giving us fruit and water... near or in the cities, people wouldnt have blink an eye about driving thier cars on the wrong side of the road and forcing us off.

i know many people here, and they are amazing. at the same time there is a huge anti-foriegner mindset. my wife (chinese) gets abuse now and then about being with a foreigner, ive had people try to start fights with me because i ask politely in chinese to let me past. ive been attacked by a group of guys because 1 guy (drinking and driving) hit one of our friends then phoned his friends to come help. the police treated me like i was the one that attacked us.

if there is any problems with america, sometimes i wont go out. it is mob mentality. white face = american. and its your fault that obama/whoever said something the chinese dont like.

basically its the same with the japanese saga. keep the people occupied with what others say and they forget about the government.

sorry, i went off on a tangent.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-11 20:47:20 |Display all floors
oldmanlee Post time: 2013-9-27 10:34
this dragon in western culture is for evil....

A dragon in western culture can be good bad or neutral.  Most dragons are not even intelligent,  but have the same mentality as a animal.  Kind of like a shark or a bear,  they may attack an eat something but its not evil.   There is also several types of dragons each having their own characteristics,  some known for good an some known for evil.  Nobody in the west views the chinese style dragon as a negative.  We dont have a history for that style of dragon so its really nothing more then a symbol of china.  

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.