Author: voice_cd

Cross-cultural love story sharing     [Copy link] 中文

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-9-25 06:38:23 |Display all floors
Might as well count me in. I can either relate more about my departed beautiful fiancee,  or some very beautiful stories I know of cross cultural romances and relationships.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-25 11:02:05 |Display all floors
If I were to say in detail what happened in my life to make me go half way around the world looking for a  Chinese wife, it would take a lot of space and time. It seems I have a little of both for the moment.
A brief version would be simply put like this,

EVERYTHING I OWN IS MADE IN CHINA, SO I MAY AS WELL FIND A WIFE MADE IN CHINA ALSO!

To bad things are never that simple, but I can say without a doubt that I made the right choice. It took me a couple years of constant chatting through yahoo messenger before I took the plunge and went to China to see if this girl I was talking with was for real. I would say it was time well spent. While others criticized me for not going American, my only answer to them was the math didn't add up. The divorce statistic for Americans was a lot worse than with an Asian. I was looking for something lets say less spoiled by life and I found her.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2013-9-25 13:29:26 |Display all floors
Here's my share on cross-cultural relationships and internet social and dating sites.
http://bbs.chinadaily.com.cn/blog-759240-12785.html
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-25 14:33:34 |Display all floors
SDIvester Post time: 2013-9-25 11:02
If I were to say in detail what happened in my life to make me go half way around the world looking  ...

Great. Was the girl the only reason that you came to China?

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2013-9-25 17:19:01 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2013-9-25 13:29
Here's my share on cross-cultural relationships and internet social and dating sites.
http://bbs.chi ...

Is that the photo of your wife when you first met?  
I like your love story.
BTW, looks that she's gained some weight after she married to you
Life is what you make of it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-25 21:11:20 |Display all floors
Date backing to three years ago, I was a student, who likes English. I always go to outside to find some chance, which to practice my spoken English.
One day, when I was enjoying my lunch in a small restaurant, I hear someone was trying communication with a foreigner with bad English. I turned round and saw that there was a slim and beautiful woman was talking with a foreigner. This was what I want, so I stood up and went closely to them directly. And said hi to them both, finally I got the foreigner wanted a dish of Chao Mi Fan and a bottle of beverage. I translated to the spoken woman. And she invited me to sit there with the foreigner together, and one thing makes me so surprised was that she was wearing a pair of gloves in so hot weather in summer, I given up asking for this was the first time we met. And she told me that she is the boss here and the foreigner always comes to her restaurant to help her business, but she is so difficult in communication with him, there were so many times misunderstand his mean.it was happen to meet me here and gives help to her. She wanted my phone NO, and invited me to be there anytime. We three were getting friends in this way in same place. We all were happy what we spent there, eating, chatting and play. As the time flied, we have known each other for two months. I accept a call from the boss on the day I have already forgotten. She asked me to meet her as soon as possible, and there were some important things need to tell me. Finally she told me that she has fallen in love the foreigner, and the foreigner had already shown love to her a week ago, unfortunately she could not agree him. I asked “why”? She asked me that do you know why I always wear the gloves. I shake my head and replied “NO”. And then she taken off the gloves and shown me her naked hand. I stare at them with surprise eye. Her hands are different from others, which are deformity; I pointed her hands and said what is wrong with them? She told me with tears that when she was a student in primary school, she got a sick, and there was no money for her sickness in her family. And there was no good medicine treatment condition around her, so her sickness was delayed. The other reason is that she is the first girl in her sisters, and one day she heard her parents are talking about her sickness and decided to make her marriage with a rich man in his hometown. When she heard that she was crying quietly and preparing her luggage. The next day she has leaved for another place. And till now the unique treatment method is just taking medicine, and she had never gone back home again. I did not know how to comfort her, the words only I could say, was that everything would be ok, and everything would be ok.
From that day, I reduced the frequency to her restaurant. And one month later I found the restaurant is closed when I passed by. Suddenly my heart is so pain, I fell something is missed in my heart. And I don’t know how to describe my heart with writing word.
Today, I could still remember this memory, and I lost her information from that day. Hope everything for her would be ok.   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-26 05:58:03 |Display all floors
Dara Post time: 2013-9-25 14:33
Great. Was the girl the only reason that you came to China?

Going to the Middle Kindom was the most fantastic trip I have ever had, topped off with the best girl I have ever encountered in all my wonders. Not that I wonder around much, but most women told me I love my BIKE more than I do them. I just look back and say that my bike doesn't talk back and give me crap over nothing, just a flat tire now and then...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.