Author: karen1211

Distorted view of China overlooks its many positive achievements   [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2013-9-19 08:34:41 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-9-17 22:17
You just bested yourself as this forum's most unbelievable fantasist!

I am inclined to believe th ...

Why don't you just admit you've never been to China.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2013-9-19 08:39:51 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-9-17 22:22
Snowipine,

you Chinese guys keep harping too much about "knowledge of history", but if you ask us ...

The history books in the western world about China are not accurate and are used as propaganda tools.
The indoctrination of people in the west begins at kindergarten and by the time they graduate at
any level their knowledge of China is as poor as yours.
People in the west are taught from an early age that communism is evil and worship of the rich is good.
You are a prime example of this type of ignorant stooge.
People who live in China are not fooled by you.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2013-9-21 17:03:49 |Display all floors
snowipine Post time: 2013-9-18 08:49
individual misbehavior can't  represent the whole forest, in the case of corruption, some bad guys ...

well said!
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Elite Member

Snowipine

Glod Medal Blogger of 2013

Post time 2013-9-21 18:11:20 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-9-18 14:51
Snowipine,

your messages are all welcomebut you need to process the absolutely new information  ...

Oh, dear Seneca, for better communication on some sensitive topics, I propose we can just speak up one’s points of view with respect of each other, let’s put all the unpleasant wording in the case, otherwise,any question can’t be clear up finally, on the contrary, all will be mess up。

Here I just focus on one point you hade mentioned previously. You asked me How do you know what the Western media do, and what wrongs they do?,   I just want say out my shallow knowledge about western medias.

First I respect different political views in the special countries and regions, and I love their diversity culture and customs as well as their people, I didn’t and don’t say anything about which political view is right or wrong. But I love our homeland, our country and our people, and I love our current political system! We don’t nether want nor tolerate anyone or any organization does any harmful things to her. It’s a principle thing you know.

Second, I browsed western media through internet in recent years; it’s no exaggeration to say I viewed majority of western mainstream media outlets online, and I have no seen much hostility opinions about China and CPC.

I have no advantage in English speaking, so here indeed has some obstacles for me to have deeper debates with you on some certain special questions about Communist Party and China as well as Chinese history, world history and so on. Maybe it's the reason I want study to have the ability to have more in-depth exchange views with you and our different view-holding friends and friends-would-be!

Finally, Thanks for your rectification for my wrong typing:
Sima         Qian, not the Simarqian!

Use magic tools Report

Elite Member

Snowipine

Glod Medal Blogger of 2013

Post time 2013-9-21 18:17:28 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2013-9-21 17:03
well said!

Thanks !

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2013-9-21 18:28:48 |Display all floors
This post was edited by KIyer at 2013-9-21 20:34
snowipine Post time: 2013-9-21 20:17
Thanks !

My friend, dont ever worry about your English - if it is not good enough to put your point of view across. Really it is only an exchange of ideas. Ideas that are not special to English or Chinese, you might just need some assistance in translating now. As your English grows stronger you will not need that. Don't feel bad about about your weakness in English now or ever.  Remember, many English speakers know less Chinese than your knowledge of English! The true debate is always a debate of ideas and values not a contest of language skills. While you make effort to understand other's English, they need to understand your efforts in English too, if they want to debate you respectfully. Dont get too awed or impressed by strange sounding words. You seem to be doing really well as it is.

My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.