Author: lscat123

Why should I learn English?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-9-22 10:11:09 |Display all floors
girdyerloins Post time: 2013-9-16 20:44
I'm pleased to see some enthusiasm for language learning as a way of connecting with people, rather  ...

But actually, it is very difficult for chinese people who are major in English to find a related job! Because language is a tool, you should have your own skill. Chinese students just learn the English itself, they aren't able to use it in their working. Due to this situation, I prefer to learn a skill, not just a language. By the way,  I think learning English for Chinese is to pass Gaokao, not to communicate with others.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-22 10:14:21 |Display all floors
SoCalChevy Post time: 2013-9-17 10:41
It can be hard to remember the characters, but I'm getting better!

The Chinese characters are difficult! I once taught Chinese in Italy! My students always complained about it! And they refused to write characters, they only write in Pinyin.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-22 10:19:14 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-9-17 18:59
If I was the minister of Chinese education, I would demand that all kids learn at least two national ...

I think people in these areas, they have enough chances to use these language. But for Chinese, I don't think so. Some Chinese can't speak Mandarin, they prefer to speak their native language!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-30 15:00:20 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-28 23:57:43 |Display all floors
PPsally Post time: 2013-9-17 15:10
sixth language?!
OMG, you're so talented in languages.
How could you posibly acquire so many lan ...

I'm not so special. I was lucky, mostly. I developed an ear for language, because the place I was born and raised in had so few English speaking children. Hey, if you are a kid, you want to play with other kids, right?
So, you learn their language.
As it stands right now, I'm learning Chinese because I've always admired China (I went to a school in Brazil that had many Chinese kids). I find many similarities between Spanish, one of my native languages and Chinese. Plus, everyone loves a good laugh. I want to share my bizarre world view with other amused people.
Thank you for chiming in.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-29 16:38:13 |Display all floors
girdyerloins Post time: 2013-11-28 23:57
I'm not so special. I was lucky, mostly. I developed an ear for language, because the place I was  ...

You're great

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-13 22:32:05 |Display all floors
PPsally Post time: 2013-11-29 16:38
You're great

Thanks. Stay tuned--I'm sure we'll meet again.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.