Views: 1363|Replies: 5

Pope Francis 1 Leads Angelus Prayer Vigil for Peace in Syria [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-9-8 12:32:41 |Display all floors
This post was edited by abramicus at 2013-9-8 12:34

Leading a 5-hour prayer vigil from 7 PM to 12 MN at St. Peter's Square in Rome, the Roman Catholic pontiff, Pope Francis I, raised his voice of conscience in opposition to the coming world conflagration, now known merely as the War in Syria.  This coincides with US Daylight Eastern Standard Time of 1 PM to 6 PM Saturday, September 7, 2013.  

Ten years ago, Pope John Paul II led a similar prayer vigil in opposition to the Iraq War, to no avail.  Then, as now, hundreds of thousands of Christians living in Iraq were put to flight by the onslaught of the Shiite Islamic fundamentalists, while being protected by the moderate Sunni secular government.  The only difference today is that thousands of Christians living in Syria will be put to flight by the onslaught of the Sunni Islamic fundamentalists, while being protected by a moderate Shiite secular government instead.  The common denominator of both wars is that Christians will be put to flight, to the sword, or to the cellar, by Islamic fundamentalists of either side.

Between Iraq and Syria, lay the ruins of Libya and the boiling cauldron of Egypt.

The question thus comes to the fore.  If the Roman Pontiff is sincerely against the war against Christians in the Middle East, is he truly so helpless and powerless as he has proven himself to be?  Or, did he FAIL in his stewardship for too long, that he has lost the fire to move heaven and earth to make a stand for the innocent and the pure?

If the Vigil for Peace ends with the Angelus Prayers of September 7, then we know that the Catholic ministry is dying of old age, and that its cry for peace is nothing but a last whimper of hope.  But if instead, September 7 marks the beginning of an all out ministry for change, with true missionaries of peace preaching and marching in every country in the world, demanding rather than pleading for peace, peace as a birthright from the Creator of mankind, as an inalienable right, rather than a privilege bestowed on the servants of power, then we know, and everyone will know, that indeed somewhere behind all the vestments and rites, may after all be a real power that can truly change the world.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-8 12:35:47 |Display all floors
People in the ME remembers the Pope as the head of the crusades.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-8 12:39:34 |Display all floors
This Pope's God-given task is the opposite - to save the Christians from the Crusaders!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-8 13:35:12 |Display all floors
abramicus Post time: 2013-9-8 12:39
This Pope's God-given task is the opposite - to save the Christians from the Crusaders!

The crusaders claim their mission comes from God and the Pope

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-8 13:46:17 |Display all floors
This post was edited by abramicus at 2013-9-8 13:46
Revolutionar Post time: 2013-9-8 13:35
The crusaders claim their mission comes from God and the Pope

Crusaders need God to overrule the Pope, and the Pope to denounce their enemies, and then, they can pretty much do anything they wish to do.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-8 13:52:37 |Display all floors
Western Fundamentalist Christians are the best friends of the Islamic Fundamentalists, one ignores the plight of the Original Semitic and Orthodox Christians in the Middle East, while the other forces them to convert to Islam on pain of death.  

We are in the midst of the GREAT TRIBULATION of the Elect in the Holy Land.

If there is going to be any rapture, it won't be in any other place than in the Middle East where the original followers of Christ have endured wave upon wave of invasion and persecution, but have persevered in their faith, in the land of their birth for more than two thousand years.  Now, they will be forced to convert to Islam or they will be massacred.  If these are not the true Elect of the Bible, nobody is.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.