Views: 2037|Replies: 5

Is Syria the Catalyst that Will Heal the Great Schism of 1054? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-9-5 16:47:23 |Display all floors
In a stunning break of silence, Pope Francis I announced his opposition to any Western attack on Syria, even if he also denounced any use of chemical weapons by any side, on the premise that war will not solve the problem there, and only peace could.  He was joined immediately by the Greek Orthodox Catholics patriarch, and by the Anglican Archbishop, in what is a rare converge of Roman and Orthodox Catholic action, not seen since the Great Schism of 1054.  Both sides agreed to observe vigil on a day of prayer set on September 7, 2013, which is this coming Saturday.  That day may be the one single day when the two branches of Catholicism will be praying together in the largest numbers since 1054.  Ironic that a war between the Sunni's and Shiites should lead to a reunification of the Roman and Orthodox Catholic churches.

Reason for this historic action?

The growing realization that the real victims, and perhaps, the real targets of what is made to appear like a conflict between two branches of Islam, are the Orthodox Christians living there, who depend on a dictator to protect them, unpopular as he may be.  The Bible has a precedent for this, when Nebuchadnezzar was blessed by God in his conquest of Egypt.  The Great Tribulation of the true Christians who endured physical harm and mental stress for their faith in the Middle East is becoming better known and appreciated around the world.  When the Pope speaks out on matters of morality, including war, it becomes a major force that will very likely shape world events.  We shall see.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-5 21:28:02 |Display all floors
Dear Abramicus,

I would like to tel you that Barack HUSSEIN Obama is the dictator and not president Assad who may his country rich and he extended freedom in many ways in his country, USA is the creator all this chaos in Syria and is going to kill more innocents in Syria desoite the refusal of the American people.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-5 22:20:50 |Display all floors
the historical role of the Pope is to organise crusades in Syria....................

wrong One to comment.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-5 23:04:24 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Hey but what do I know, huh?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-6 14:18:06 |Display all floors
leboucher Post time: 2013-9-5 23:04
How does it feel to have your cheap compass crushed by 2 heads of Churches dude?

Ouch!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-6 14:51:32 |Display all floors
NOBODY KNEW THAT SOME "ELECT" WERE HIDING IN SYRIA, BUT THE ANTI-CHRIST SURE KNEW - AFTER ALL, IT WAS THE ANCIENT BATTLEGROUND BETWEEN GOOD AND EVIL - HOBBITS, HIDE, FOR THE LORDS OF THE RING COMETH!

With both the Roman Catholic, and Eastern Orthodox Catholic, religious heads rejecting the moral imperative of a military attack on Syria, it is incredible that its proponents claim the "moral high ground" in attacking Syria nevertheless.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.