Views: 14656|Replies: 42

One Trillion Dollars!   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-8-31 04:58:30 |Display all floors
This post was edited by GustyWind at 2013-8-31 05:05

The U.S. government and the Pentagon has estimated the the long-term costs of operating
and maintaining a fleet of more than 2,000 Lockheed Martin Corp F-35 fighter jets over 55 years to just under $1 trillion.                                                                                         (Source - Reuters News, Wednesday, August 21 '13)

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense, a theft from those

who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. The world in arms is not spending money alone.
It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children... Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron... Is there no other way the world may live?"
                                                                                                                                                   ~ Dwight D. Eisenhower

f35_bf.JPG
1trillion.jpg
Carrot & Stick,Bunny & Bully: What happen to bunnies if the bullies carry big sticks, and get to hold of almost all the carrots around? That's our world, now and then.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-31 05:07:56 |Display all floors

Does the end justifies the means?

Carrot & Stick,Bunny & Bully: What happen to bunnies if the bullies carry big sticks, and get to hold of almost all the carrots around? That's our world, now and then.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-31 05:10:18 |Display all floors

I certainly don't think so! What's your take?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-28 13:55:06 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-28 14:03:06 |Display all floors

and what if America don't spend the $ 1 trillion and China spend the $1 trillion?

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-28 14:04:29 |Display all floors

And if America don't the $1 trillion and China did?

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-6-17 06:49:57 |Display all floors

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense, a theft from those
who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. The world in arms is not spending money alone.
It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children... Under the cloud of threatening war,
it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron... Is there no other way the world may live?"                                                                                                                      ~ Dwight D. Eisenhower

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.