Views: 1422|Replies: 2

Reading by the tongue [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-8-28 13:48:56 |Display all floors
A sweating young man was using half of a chopstick in mouth to type hardly on a computer in a room of less than 20 square meters, in Nanchuan District in Chongqing. His name is Zhang Yong. He was making the final modification on his article. Zhang Yong has suffered cerebral palsy since he was born. Although he had never been in school for a single day, he won the award in the essay competitions twice.

Zhang Yong has suffered cerebral palsy since he was born. In order to make Zhang better integrate into the social life, Zhang's parents make every effort to give him the key to open the door to the soul.

"Driven by the desire for knowledge, I use my clumsy tongue to turn pages of thick books. It was strenuous, even made me all sweating, but I felt fulfilled. When I met new words or expressions, I would try my best to find out the meaning. I even spent a whole afternoon to find out the meaning of one word, I felt very worthy," said Zhang Yong.

Books can be seen everywhere at Zhang Yong's home. The bottom of every book turns to black. Lou Bilin, Zhang's mother explained: "It's the saliva mark. As Zhang can only use tongue to turn pages."

There are more than 70 books on Zhang's desk, all bought by his mother. "If he wants to read the book, I will buy for him however expensive it is."

Edited and translated by Huang Jin, People's Daily Online
Zhang reads a book. (Chinanews/Yu You)

Zhang uses a chopstick to type on the computer to communicate with friends, write microblog and publish articles. He makes a new life in the Internet world. (Chinanews/Yu You)

Zhang and his mother live in narrow space. (Chinanews/Yu You)

A corner of Zhang's home is filled with his favorite books. In addition to communicating with friends on the Internet every day, he will seek knowledge in the books. (Chinanews/Yu You)

Zhang reads a book. (Chinanews/Yu You)

Zhang makes a strong life depending on his perseverance

The chopsticks used to type on the computer are often chewed by Zhang. He needs to change a new pair every month.

Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-28 13:50:20 |Display all floors
Zhang's mother listens to him with patience. Because of his disease, Zhang couldn't speak very clearly.
A thick book has been read for times by Zhang Yong. The bottom of the book has turned black.

Photo shows the award certificates of essay competitions he won.

Sitting on the wheel chair, Zhang moves around in his small space at home.

Zhang and his mother.

Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-28 16:56:52 |Display all floors
I'm touched by his perseverance

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.