Views: 4353|Replies: 17

Urban Dream in Ger [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-8-16 14:30:18 |Display all floors

As a country on horseback, Mongolia can not free from the trend of Urbanization which happened in most developing countries around the world. Herdsmen and their families swarm to the capital Ulan Bator, and pitch gers near the city with the dream of better life. However, they have to face the reality that source is deficient, education is lagged behind, and social insurance is inefficient.

1.jpg

source:news.qq.com

let me know if U like tennis

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-16 14:30:46 |Display all floors
For a decade, rapidly growth of Mongolian’s economy has attracted more and more herdsman to move to city. A survey shows that there are 30 to 40 thousand herdsmen move to Ulan Bator annually, and the total number of population of this country is not more than 2.6 million. So far, more than half Mongolians live in the capital Ulan Bator, where 1 of third people is migrants.
2.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-16 14:30:59 |Display all floors
Population explosion in the Mongolian causes shortage of house and land, so migrants can only pitch gers in the suburb of Ulan Bator. Fortunately, they can get the 0.7 hectare land in free to habit by applying to the government. So far, about 60% population of Ulan Bator live in the gers in suburb.
3.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-16 14:31:37 |Display all floors
June 22,2013, Ulan Bator, gers near the road.
4.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-16 14:31:53 |Display all floors
Ger is pitched next to the house.
5.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-16 14:32:21 |Display all floors
But life in the gers in the suburb is far from reaching the standard of the life in the city. The infrastructures are waiting to be built; water and electricity are lacked in the area.
June 22, a girl passes by the ger.
6.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-16 14:32:35 |Display all floors
June 22, Ulan Bator, a crack on the ger
7.jpg

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.