Author: Dara

Is it normal to have no real friends??   [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2013-9-13 04:28:36 |Display all floors
Dara Post time: 2013-9-11 14:31
none of your business

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-13 21:40:13 |Display all floors
I feel the same way, Dara. I call people to arrange events. They come sometimes, but never reciprocate. The people who care for others are usually taken for granted themselves.

Someone told me one time: "There is no such thing as friends any more, just activity partners." It is so sad.

Have you ever heard that Beatles song, 'Eleanor Rigby?' I think Eleanor was kind of like us. Another sad thought, sorry!

Oh well, you can count me as your friend, even if only as a pen pal.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-25 14:29:10 |Display all floors
snappysammy Post time: 2013-9-12 04:20
why so nasty.....so much anger....

You're nasty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-25 14:29:37 |Display all floors
Smaug Post time: 2013-9-13 21:40
I feel the same way, Dara. I call people to arrange events. They come sometimes, but never reciproca ...

thank you

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2013-9-26 06:52:20 |Display all floors
This post was edited by KIyer at 2013-9-26 08:52

From experience, I think one can make real good friends anytime, in one's lifetime. It just needs an openness and a connection. Usually, we are more like that as children and tend to make lasting friendships then, but there is nothing but ourselves that rules it out later in life. Older people, who have been through rich experiences and gained wisdom also make very good friends. In our middle age, they will make us feel younger, but will treat you like a peer. Just look for the good or moments that are 'gems' in your interactions with people and you will start to make the 'best' friends with all kinds of people, even those that others consider nasty.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2013-9-26 08:11:13 |Display all floors
Dara Post time: 2013-9-25 14:29
You're nasty

don't think so.....you're the one with the anger problem..
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-26 14:34:25 |Display all floors
i don't know. maybe you should learn to identify who is your real friend. Here are some clues. Your talks are not about foods, games, but about dreams, projects you are doing. Meanwhile, you should find something in your life you'd like to pursue with your full strength, so that you won't feel lonely or hoping them to call you all day. At least, no call won't bother you that much.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.