Views: 42429|Replies: 187

Why are Chinese people so indifferent to strangers?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-8-5 15:23:17 |Display all floors
The Chinese people are known as a generous people who are always ready to lend a helping hand. But things have changed in recent decades. People seem to become more indifferent to other people's needs. I took the subway home last Saturday. It is crowded as usual. There was a pregnant woman standing, but nobody would offer his seat. The other passengers on the subway either pretended to be asleep or not to see. The woman had to stand until she arrived at her stop. While more people decry the moral decline of the society, can we depend on the kindness of strangers? Have you ever given or got help from a stanger in China? What do you think of the relationship between people in comtemporary society?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-5 20:43:06 |Display all floors
I saw this issue in China. Insensitivity is eroding the Chinese society. I don't see any other solutions except teaching values at home and schools.
Yeah. There is one more solution. Belief in religion. Religion inculcates virtues. But at the same time, it brings in vices of unreasonable thinking, prejudices and biases.
One more way to bring changes is to lead-by-example. If the lady is pregnant, I would surely get out of my seat and offer her the seat. I won't mind giving a disdainful look to others who don't do that. May be, I will also rant out a few statements. It will surely make people think next time.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-6 09:12:06 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-8-5 22:25
I think you guys' mistake is to believe that selfishness is a recent arrival in China. To believe th ...

I don't understand why you always mention Maoism when you try to answer or analysis some questions about China.

Have you ever doubt the influence that Maosim has on the young generation of China?

Maybe China has move on and experienced a big change but you still stay in last century.
let me know if U like tennis

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-6 10:06:41 |Display all floors
nealrussel Post time: 2013-8-6 09:12
I don't understand why you always mention Maoism when you try to answer or analysis some questions ...

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2013-8-6 10:19:59 |Display all floors
Let's me use that same manner of coming to a conclusion about an entire nation.
Everyday in the USA about 35 people are murdered by people with handguns.
So when did the USA become a nation of murderous gun slingers?
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-6 10:21:54 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-8-5 06:25
I think you guys' mistake is to believe that selfishness is a recent arrival in China. To believe th ...

So cute when you rant about communism.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-6 10:37:04 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-8-5 18:29
Those who live on the OUTSIDE of some society have a better view into it. You who are all part of  ...

What a stupid statement.
We all know your view of China and the Chinese government.
The same brainwashed ideas any stooge of western capitalists have.
You thinking you have an objective view of China and communism is laughable.
Your stuff sells only in western circles of dimwits and rednecks.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.