Views: 16490|Replies: 68

Dharamsala, the headquarter of Tibet separatists   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-7-26 14:56:42 |Display all floors

Dharamsala is a town in Himachal Pradesh, north India. In 1959, Dalai Lama, who preaches Tibets Independence under the support of western anti-china forces, escaped to India. At the same time, India government offered some areas of Dharamsala for Dalai and his followersa group of Tibetan to live in. After 50 years, many followers died; however, their successors still live there and embrace the concept of separating Tibet from China.

Dharamsala represents the people who follow Dalai Lama and advocate Tibets independence to some degree. Whats more, Dharamsala is the crucial barrier between India and China.

1.jpg

source:news.takungpao.com

let me know if U like tennis

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-26 14:57:07 |Display all floors
In 1962, Indian minister Nehru met Dalai Lama when Sino-India border wars broke out. Nehru agreed that Dalai to found government-in-exile in India.
2.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-26 14:57:27 |Display all floors
The picture shows the Tibetans who follow Dalai and escape to India.
From 1959 to 1960, social organizations like school, industry center and hospital and so on were found in Dharamsala. Form the very beginning, there are more than 1000 Tibetans live there, and later, Dharamsala developed to the center and source of Tibet’s Independence Movement.
3.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-26 14:57:43 |Display all floors
Old photo shows that the street of Dharamsala once was dilapidated.
America government is the supporter and manipulator of Tibet’s Independence Movement behind the stage. From 1960s, the Tibet government-in-exile has received 150 to 180 million dollars financial aid from American government and social organizations.
4.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-26 14:58:00 |Display all floors
Tibetans live in Dharamsala
5.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-26 14:58:14 |Display all floors
Buddhism library in Dharamsala
6.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-26 14:58:52 |Display all floors
Nehru and Dalai Lama
7.jpg

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.