Author: PPsally

Share your personal "Made in China" items   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-7-26 15:39:30 |Display all floors
Boilermaker21 Post time: 2013-7-26 13:26
In my experience, things that are "made in China" but not sold in China are a much higher quality. A ...

So how come many "Made in China" products are actually cheaper outside China.  Chinese made laptops and kitchen appliances are generally cheaper in the UK...... even when taking into consideration the higher sales tax.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-26 17:27:10 |Display all floors
Ratfink Post time: 2013-7-26 14:30
Yes they are working fine. I've had few failures with made in China goods and that includes produc ...

That is the point of me which the made-in-china products are not stable in quality so far.

But sometimes the quality is much better than the products sold in domestic markets.

One time I bought sleeping pan from one famous chinese brand shopping mall named " Hua Run" ,it got broken after the second day of using.
LISTEN  TO  YOUR  HEART

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-7-26 17:49:24 |Display all floors
Laowai2? Post time: 2013-7-26 15:39
So how come many "Made in China" products are actually cheaper outside China.  Chinese made laptop ...

Domestic Taxes and VAT Refunds on Exports do matter.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-7-26 19:00:40 |Display all floors
greatlady Post time: 2013-7-26 17:27
That is the point of me which the made-in-china products are not stable in quality so far.

But so ...

Quality control is indeed variable, but that's often because the manufacturer has patchy QA systems in place or QA programmes that are undermined by senior management who demand higher production levels.  In part I view this as growing pains in the Chinese manufacturing sector as overall China has come a long way in a fairly short period of time.

Another issue is greed and poorly educated workforces. When the company owner is only interested in maximising profits and the staff are treated like slaves or as if they are worthless there is little incentive to take pride in workmanship and create quality goods. It seems that a lot of Chinese manufacturers domestically don't understand that if you make a really good product it will command a premium price and people will buy it once they realise the false economy of purchasing shoddy goods that are prone to fail and have short lives.

There are myriad of other pitfalls for foreign joint ventures etc such as not understanding Chinese the psychology of Chinese employers and business owners to not enough feedback on products and expecting and demanding high levels of quality for their products for example.

Anyway with luck the problems will be overcome in the next 10-20 years and then Chinese manufacturing will mature and produce high quality products across the board.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-26 19:45:47 |Display all floors
Laowai2? Post time: 2013-7-26 15:36
Did you check if Made in China is stamped on her bottom?

No stamps...{:soso_e101:}     I was ripped of...{:soso_e118:}

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-29 14:04:56 |Display all floors
Ratfink Post time: 2013-7-26 19:00
Quality control is indeed variable, but that's often because the manufacturer has patchy QA system ...

I think your post is as professional one. You remind me when I worked for one rubber factory, the Auditor from USA holding a QC meeting for engineers and higher level of office staff. I remembered he stressed in the meeting to my EX boss " Remember Jaime( my boss's name) those workers are very important for the quality of the products, not you ,not me or the rest of you guys, Please try to think how to educate those workers on site and treat them well"....

Let's hope the quality in the next decades will be improved better and better.
LISTEN  TO  YOUR  HEART

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-29 17:06:51 |Display all floors
Ratfink Post time: 2013-7-26 12:00
I have a lot of stuff that's made in China, ranging from small items like USB hubs and watch repair  ...

good  stuff you got here.
Are you satisfied with the quality?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.