Author: PPsally

Share your personal "Made in China" items   [Copy link] 中文

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-7-26 12:00:56 |Display all floors
I have a lot of stuff that's made in China, ranging from small items like USB hubs and watch repair tools to larger items such as LED lighting bars for my 4WD and Telescopes, calculators, cables, electronics components, optical components, a couple of camera filters and cookware.

A couple of pics of some chinese made stuff I own.

12 inch dob.jpg

Driving Lights 1.jpg

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-26 12:13:22 |Display all floors
It is about luck, sometimes you bought good one and sometimes you bought bad one relative to " made- in -China" products. The quality is not stable as far as it concerned.

LISTEN  TO  YOUR  HEART

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-26 12:13:58 |Display all floors
Ratfink Post time: 2013-7-26 12:00
I have a lot of stuff that's made in China, ranging from small items like USB hubs and watch repair  ...

Are they still working good ?
LISTEN  TO  YOUR  HEART

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-26 13:26:41 |Display all floors
In my experience, things that are "made in China" but not sold in China are a much higher quality. A good percentage of clothing, toys, household goods are made in China specifically for foreign markets They are of a higher quality than anything I have been able to purchase in the mainland. For example, I have some stainless steel cooking utensils (slotted spoons, flexible spatula, pasta fork, etc)  that were made in China, but sold in the US at a high end kitchen store. I bought a similar flexible spatula in a high end store in China. It was more expensive than the one I had in the US. It bent after the first use. Many of the "made in China" items that are sold in China are more expensive and of lesser quality than "made in China" items that are sold in the US.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-7-26 14:30:20 |Display all floors
greatlady Post time: 2013-7-26 12:13
Are they still working good ?

Yes they are working fine. I've had few failures with made in China goods and that includes products intended for the domestic Chinese market.  Research is the key to smart purchasing. Know the products on the market and shop wisely.

Take for example the LED lightbar on my 4WD. It's arguably the best built unit on the market and that includes some very pricey US built goods.  It's just as tough and has had some pretty solid use. The telescope is for it's money excellent value and combines reasonable optical quality (on Par with Meade and Celestron brand telescopes), generally good guality mechanicals and a good fit and finish at a price that is very hard to complain about. It's not a research grade telescope by any means but for a lightbucket it's very good and delivers performance that would cost several times as much to achieve from a western built product.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-26 14:33:33 |Display all floors
Boilermaker21 Post time: 2013-7-26 13:26
In my experience, things that are "made in China" but not sold in China are a much higher quality. A ...

It depends on the price. I've purchased excellent quality items in China but they are more expensive than the cheaper units.  You pay for what you get in China on the mainland, but cheap get cheap quality, spend more and get better quality. It's the same in the west in a lot of cases.  

The key is research the product(s) you want to buy and find out what brands and models have the best reputation and lowest complaints and so on. This will usually point you in the right direction for quality items.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-26 15:36:58 |Display all floors
SDIvester Post time: 2013-7-26 07:39
My wife was made in China, and she didn't break yet... Does that count???

Did you check if Made in China is stamped on her bottom?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.