10 Ridiculous Reports Published by Chinese Media Recently   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-7-25 10:24:19 |Display all floors
snappysammy Post time: 2013-7-25 09:20
really.....

That is for Australia after WWII

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-25 11:51:45 |Display all floors
Pond Post time: 2013-7-25 08:08
If you read and speak English, thank the education system. The reason you can learn to read and sp ...

Actually, I read and speak English because my home country was colonized and ruled by the British until they were kicked out after the Revolutionary War. They tried to come back in 1812, but were unsuccessful. Until recently, English was the unofficial "official" language. I think Spanish is trying to edge it out now. I am well aware that China, Vietnam, etc contributed to "winning the war", but without the money, supplies, strategic planning, and WEAPONS supplied by Allied forces, (notice I have repeatedly stated Allied forces, not just America) China would now be known as West Japan. They were having their asses handed to them for several years before the US entered the war. it wasn't until the Allies stepped in with their support that Japan even fet a sting. The ONLY reason that Japan began to physically withdraw troops from China prior to the end of WWII was because the Allied forces were giving them a ton of trouble in the South Pacific. They didn't feel like wasting all of their resources on China (a place that they had proven they could occupy and hold for a period of time) when they were at risk of losing other strongholds. Over time, their supplies began to dwindle, but they were far from scarce. When the bombs were dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, that pretty much decimated the remainder of their surplus (as well as a crushing blow to their ego's). The Nazi regime fell around the same time, rendering them as the lone major player.  They realized that the tide was no longer in their favor and that they were "outgunned". Hiroshima and Nagasaki didn't end the war, but it seriously crippled Japan.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.