Apple Investigates After iPhone 5 User Dies|
The technology giant said it was "deeply saddened" to learn of the death of the Chinese flight attendant who was electrocuted.
Apple is investigating claims that a woman was electrocuted while making a call on her iPhone 5 as it was recharging.
Flight attendant Ma Ailun, from the Xinjiang region of China, collapsed to the floor and died as she was using the phone, according to her sister.
She urged other users to be careful, tweeting: "I want to warn everyone else not to make phone calls when your mobile phone is recharging."
Apple said: "We are deeply saddened to learn of this tragic incident and offer our condolences to the Ma family.
"We will fully investigate and cooperate with authorities in this matter."
Police said the 23-year-old victim was picking up the phone to answer a call when she died.
They confirmed Ms Ma, who was due to be married next month, was electrocuted but have yet to confirm if her phone was the cause of the accident, the state news agency Xinhua said.
She bought the iPhone in December at an official Apple store and was using the original charger to recharge the phone when the tragedy happened, her sister said.