Views: 5226|Replies: 16

HAS THE CHINESE ECONOMIC MIRACLE LOST ITS SHEEN? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-7-16 00:47:18 |Display all floors

China's leaders face new pressure to stimulate a slowing economy after growth decelerated for a second consecutive quarter, hurt by weak trade and efforts to cool a credit boom.

The world's second-largest economy expanded by just 7.5 per cent over a year earlier in the three months ending in June, down from the previous quarter's 7.7 per cent, data showed today. Growth in factory output, investment and other indicators weakened.

'The fifth straight quarter of growth below 8 per cent is 'a clear sign of distress,' said IHS Global Insight analyst Xianfang Ren. With investment weak, she said growth might be 'at risk of stalling'.

[size=1.2em]

Signs of 'distress'? The world's second-largest economy expanded by just 7.5 per cent over a year earlier in the three months ending in June, down from the previous quarter's 7.7 per cent

No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-16 08:35:48 |Display all floors

Reply reward +2

the 7.5% economic growth rate is already comparatively high, if this can be viewed as the loss of sheen of our economy, the economy of the US and EU is without any hope.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-16 09:03:01 |Display all floors
aaooq Post time: 2013-7-16 08:35
the 7.5% economic growth rate is already comparatively high, if this can be viewed as the loss of sh ...

People (including analysts, so I don't blame you) tend to forget three things:

1) China has 10 to 12 million young people entering the workforce every year. Where are these jobs going to come from?
2) These new jobs can't be any kind of jobs. The Chinese EXPECT an increase in their living standards EVERY year. Otherwise, we all know what can happen (and can't be printed here).
3) These growth rates are the "government" numbers...the real numbers? do a search for 1st Quarter exports overstatement and you might find the answer.

So, yes, the US and EU don't have any of the above issues.
do to others as you would have them do to you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-16 11:23:48 |Display all floors
Do you think ?!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-16 16:11:40 |Display all floors
After fasting development of china in recent years, the economic get a great sucess. but it stored many problem with development,such as environment, food safty, culture, etc. let this chance to solve this problem is a better choice.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-16 16:56:17 |Display all floors
aaooq Post time: 2013-7-16 04:35
the 7.5% economic growth rate is already comparatively high, if this can be viewed as the loss of sh ...

aaooq, we are not comparing it with US/EU economy at this juncture but by the excellent standards that were previously set by China. A victim of her success, perhaps?

Under 8 points (or thereabouts) is when the trouble starts. china is now at a critical juncture.......it does not bode well for investors.
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-16 16:57:04 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Bandito at 2013-7-16 12:59
elzach Post time: 2013-7-16 05:03
People (including analysts, so I don't blame you) tend to forget three things:

3) These growth rates are the "government" numbers...the real numbers? do a search for 1st Quarter exports overstatement and you might find the answer.

Excellent sir. Is it correct to assume that you are inferring that the numbers are cooked ?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.