Author: Not-Chinese

When Will Chinese People Say Something Interesting?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-7-14 23:05:41 |Display all floors
MisterPanda Post time: 2013-7-14 22:44
I don't understand your message.

As you mentioned in your previous post that chinese ppl got more widely humor than what you used to, may you share some experiences with us ?  
LISTEN  TO  YOUR  HEART

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-7-14 23:45:06 |Display all floors
greatlady Post time: 2013-7-14 23:05
As you mentioned in your previous post that chinese ppl got more widely humor than what you used t ...

Oh I couldn't, I still don't understand Chinese humour. I know they are making jokes since people are laughing but I just don't find it funny. That doesn't mean it is not funny, it means it's a different kind of humour.

Here is a joke that my wife likes to tell :

A blind man is begging in the street and a Chinese man gives him a few kuais and the blind man says "xie xie". A few minutes later a foreigner passes him by and also gives him a few kuais and the blind man says "thank you". One person who saw the whole scene went to the blind beggar and told him he is a fake as he obviously can see since he could differentiate a foreigner from a Chinese ! To which the blind man replies "of course he's a foreigner, can't you smell the perfume" ?

When she tells this joke to her friends they always love so hard but I just don't find it funny. The punch line is very weak and, to be honest, the way she tells the joke is not very funny at all.

But you just have to watch the CCTV gala. The skits there are apparently very funny to millions of Chinese, I just don't get them (in the sense that I don't find them funny, I understand what they say).

Another joke that I heard and it made EVERYBODY laugh and I just so didn't get it. I was at a restaurant and we were overhearing a middle age woman speaking very loudly to her friends and telling an apparently true story. She said "there is a black man who moved in our compound. He dates" ! Everybody laughed so hard, to this day I still don't know why, it might have been a private joke or something.

But, once again, I do not cast a stone to the Chinese, I showed what is arguably France's funniest movie to my wife and she only laughed once while I was laughing the whole time !
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-15 01:01:02 |Display all floors
raton Post time: 2013-7-14 22:26
Reason I left the west and never looked back is because of hypocrites like you, the notion that yo ...

Excuse me herr hypocrite you say you hate the west but then claim you own a house there.

As usual all of your negative remarks do nothing more than display a strong lack of respect for yourself and a longing to once again be accepted by the west. If you were in such bliss in China logic dictates you'd never give the west a 2nd thought; But you do you dream about the west day and night.

You're no friend of China so why don't you stop trying to sell that crap and get on with what's left of your sad life.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-15 01:05:35 |Display all floors
raton Post time: 2013-7-14 22:26
Reason I left the west and never looked back is because of hypocrites like you, the notion that yo ...

You say: "invading, bombing, torturing, rendering, kidnapping, imprisoning without charges"

That's what your idol Adolph Hitler did. You've said repeatedly he was right to have done all these things against innocent people. You're a consumate, tragic hypocrite

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-15 01:08:03 |Display all floors
greatlady Post time: 2013-7-14 22:22
Sometimes Chinese ppl behave simple if no benefits involved.

"Sometimes Chinese ppl behave simple if no benefits involved"

What does this mean?

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-7-15 02:14:26 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-7-14 10:06
You are an even littler Chinese, shenma dongxi?

shen me ....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-15 09:09:08 |Display all floors
This post was edited by greatlady at 2013-7-15 09:10
MisterPanda Post time: 2013-7-14 23:45
Oh I couldn't, I still don't understand Chinese humour. I know they are making jokes since people  ...

I found it is not funnyt at all about your wife's joke. What I can tell from your wife 's joke is that for Chinese they think the foreigners smell strongly.

About CCTV gala, as it involves many cultures, backgrounds and life-styles which are not easy for a Wai guo ren to figure it out.

About the woman talked about the black guy in her compounds that is not a joke , it is not nice at all. For me it is disrespectful, the friends who laughed about are a group of idiotes.
LISTEN  TO  YOUR  HEART

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.