Views: 5753|Replies: 10

If you have an abnormal superior, what would you do? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-7-6 12:41:48 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Jenny0904 at 2013-7-6 12:42

Everybody may meet some abnormal superior in job, when you have a abnormal superior, what would you do? Which aspect do you think make you crazy or cannot tolerate? Let's start talk now, ok, me first. {:soso_e122:}{:soso_e113:}

My manager, HK, unmarried, single woman. She is in charge of HK and shenzhen purchasers in the company, HK 4 ladies, shenzhen 6(5 ladies and 1 man). She got, HK aspect, 1 supervisor( who is little higher than us), so is shenzhen. Ok, let me start with something i think is very ridiculous or funny or intolerable. hehe, in order to let you all know more clearly about what i said here, i quoted some of her original words. {:soso_e100:}

Case 1:  She blames us don't cooperate with her, why don't put her request in first priority. In her words, no matter what urgent things you are dealing with in hand, you need stop and deal her request which she thinks is top urgent. She asked us to send mail to vendor to chase some orders' early delivery, but some of us sent email to vendor 1hour later after she requested. Here original words as below.

"What I found purchasers over an hr time late to follow up this case, why? remember I did request what I need, you should need to operate with me and do the job on time with no missing!

Who done it I will mark he/she performance at my own record, such bad cooperation should not happen again, what my request/ question to you should first priority on your duties list. If you cannot take 100% responsible on this rule, pls advise me."

Case 2:  another time, i tracked the goods situation on web and replied warehouse colleague's mail. She blamed again and sent all of us email criticizing about this "stupid needless" action.

"I did tell you all, if vendor send out by SF, that non our business!! Should warehouse keep track the courier# and check the transit way….NOT PO team(refer to us) to do this!!!! I did tell you all….no more need me telling you all again

We may only to help check is “forwarder” !!!  but also no need to put it in your daily operation….we have not this job duty to rush (courier/forwarder/driver)……WE ONLY FACE TO VENDOR!!!!

You can call vendor but no other!!!!!"

There are always such kind of things happen in my work, more funny and ridiculous things. hehe, how about your guys? Any abnormal things in work? What would you do if you have an abnormal superior? ha, let's start talking now.

三生石上种因果,一花一叶总关情

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-6 15:15:33 |Display all floors
just dont give a shit and ignore it...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-7 13:44:55 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Jenny0904 at 2013-7-7 13:51
swordfish007 Post time: 2013-7-6 15:15
just dont give a shit and ignore it...

hehe, i always just ignore what she said. Last Friday had a meeting with her, she blamed why i didn't follow up one case timely( actually i followed, she didn't see email clearly and misunderstood), i just signed little bit when listened to her "education". She was angry, shouted:" did your teacher in primary school teached you courtesy and respect? " i just signed cause felt depressed, she thought i don't respect people!!
She shouted: " no one else did this to me before, you should watch out your attitude". I really don't know what to say, really neurotic, like a psycho.
Our department, nearly every 3 month 1 person resign, hehe. Some sumbitted resignation, some were fired, in her words because" bad english", another reason i think should be they are not obedient, do everything as she wished. I didn't see she is good at English either. {:soso_e127:}
三生石上种因果,一花一叶总关情

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-7 14:21:46 |Display all floors
she need rationalize her behavior before she jumped on you.   courtesy and respect can  be given only  on a mutual basis... but in real life, sometimes you have to compromise a bit just becoz she is at the top.  good luk

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-9 18:20:11 |Display all floors
swordfish007 Post time: 2013-7-7 14:21
she need rationalize her behavior before she jumped on you.   courtesy and respect can  be given on ...

yes, repect is a mutual thing, but the fact is she needs us to respect her, and we did. But she never respect us, always says something that hurt people's self-esteem. In her world, all the problems occurred are other people's problem but not hers. I really feel pathetic for such kind of person. Arrogant, defiant, self-centered(like a queen).
三生石上种因果,一花一叶总关情

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-9 19:08:50 |Display all floors
above agreed, i had lots of different superiors as well in the past...some were arrogant pricks too.  what could i do? i couldn't simply go punch them on their faces...unless i want to be sacked. life is hard... we tend to overthink things..it is better not to take it personally and allow offensive behaviors of others to offset us..as a friend here says "Most things that we fret and worry over in life have little or no true impact on us. " don't sweat the small stuff: it's all small stuff"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-9 19:09:59 |Display all floors
above agreed, i had lots of different superiors as well in the past...some were arrogant pricks too.  what could i do? i couldn't simply go punch them on their faces...unless i want to be sacked. life is hard... we tend to overthink things..it is better not to take it personally and allow offensive behaviors of others to offset us..as a friend here says "Most things that we fret and worry over in life have little or no true impact on us. " don't sweat the small stuff: it's all small stuff"

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.